Flyable ships request.

Asirios

Hello, Nexus. I like Side's Sailing Ships , but sailable in water not so fun. Can you add to this mod possibly to change ship's high? Maybe spell, used on ship, or buttons for add or decrease ship's height? I really don't know, how do it. Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

P.P.S. Please, dont say about Dwemer Skyship V2. Player can't move on this ship when its flying.

There are various tecnical reasons why this doesn't work at all well. Basically, Oblivion doesn't HAVE "flying", so any flying item is trying to make the game engine do things it isn't supposed to do. Edited by MarkInMKUK

We actually have a very good search function here - one word, flying gave me this

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17879

I know I have seen at least 3 others but you may have to dig a little

Skyship yielded these: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/search.php

Are you the mr. Smartest? You can see the difference between hanging in the air wooden bar and driveable ship?

I'm guessing you wouldn't like the X-Wing or the Flying Carpet either. However, you could do what the X-Wing modder did and replace the Akatosh mount with a sailing ship, animate it, and make it behave like the flying carpet mod. Should be pretty easy for you, right? I'd do it for you, but I am not very smart with these things. You are probably going to have to pick between flying around and walking around. I am not aware of any mod that allows you to do both, but maybe you can figure out how to add the ability to walk around, too. Maybe you can look at the Side's Sailing Ships mod and add features from that to the Akatosh/Flying Carpet hybrid.

I'm guessing you wouldn't like the X-Wing or the Flying Carpet either. However, you could do what the X-Wing modder did and replace the Akatosh mount with a sailing ship, animate it, and make it behave like the flying carpet mod. Should be pretty easy for you, right? I'd do it for you, but I am not very smart with these things. You are probably going to have to pick between flying around and walking around. I am not aware of any mod that allows you to do both, but maybe you can figure out how to add the ability to walk around, too. Maybe you can look at the Side's Sailing Ships mod and add features from that to the Akatosh/Flying Carpet hybrid.

Just need function to increase/dicrease ship's Z coordinate, but Side's script for sailing ships too hard for me.

Obviously didn't look at the recommendations, just assumed that every flying skyship mod was just like the only flying skyship mod that he had already looked at. - and totally missed that I was pointing out that we have a search function and what I was doing was giving an example of the kind of results that can be achieved by using it. :rolleyes:

Obviously didn't look at the recommendations, just assumed that every flying skyship mod was just like the only flying skyship mod that he had already looked at. - and totally missed that I was pointing out that we have a search function and what I was doing was giving an example of the kind of results that can be achieved by using it. :rolleyes:

I meaned, it should move, fly, not staying in the air.

There are several variations on the skyship. They are not all the same. In order to figure out which mods do what you need to actually read the descriptions for each one.

Then, if you don't see what you want, use the search function to look further.

If none of the existing mods do exactly what you want, then You may need to learn to make mods yourself. It's not that hard. Thousands of people have learned, you can too. :thumbsup:

Hmm, I can't say I've heard of any mod like this ever being released. Piloteable "and" being able to walk around on it while it's moving... pretty difficult to achieve. If Side's mod can do this, then this is so far your only source for getting into the right direction.

Considering there's no vertical movement in the Sailing Ships, have you tried just lifting them out of the water in the CS already?

Did they drop down again in an instant after activation of the steering, then there's something in the scripts telling the exact height they're to move at, and this one can be found and altered.

If they aren't, then this will at least make them move in a different height than ground level pretty easily.

Maybe with some really simple scripting one could then add vertical movement to them without even touching the steering scripts. If they only change horizontal position, then another script changing vertical position should not be able to interfere. But I know preventing you or others to fall through during such a move is pretty hard to achieve reliably, so maybe the vertical movement script will also require the same complex methods to cover this.

Maybe QQuix will stumble across this thread. He was investigating methods to make things flying earlier. Don't know if it's covering any steering though.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon