Flyable ships request.

Asirios

What you could do, is use two of the same meshes. If you constantly swap them out, they'll update collisions and look the same ingame.

Because, as it turns out, the original collisiondata when loaded (enabled in cell), remains the same. So, if you constantly disable the one and move it away, move the other in position and enable it, and vice versa, it will work. Or well, overhere atleast.

NOTE; non obse-user. I have a boatscript which works without menus, can accelerate / decellarate and whatnot, but no walking around ondeck while sailing. This method did however allow me to get collision on my boats.

Well, I tried it again given what you said. I still couldn't get it to work. Maybe there's something wrong with my game or my meshes...

*link deleted* is what I've worked up to. I can't get any further if I can't overcome this problem. Maybe someone could figure out what's wrong with it.

EDIT: deleted old link.

Edited by fg109

I found out what was wrong. I made a mistake in my script right from the beginning. The way I wrote it, the script would skip the hull every time it was supposed to start updating collision for the ship pieces. :facepalm:

So *link deleted* is a very basic flying ship that mostly works. And that's all I'm going to do, since there's no way I could make anything as good as those sailing ships.

EDIT: deleted old link.

Edited by fg109

I found out what was wrong. I made a mistake in my script right from the beginning. The way I wrote it, the script would skip the hull every time it was supposed to start updating collision for the ship pieces. :facepalm:

So here is a very basic flying ship that mostly works. And that's all I'm going to do, since there's no way I could make anything as good as those sailing ships.

Nice work! But collision moved not so fast and need re-enter into cabin for update collision after change height/turn ship. I hope, you will fix some bugs and do very nice mod!

I don't know what you mean... The collision should update automatically, you shouldn't need to enter the cabin at all. But since you say so, here is a version where the collision updates twice as fast. I just hope that it doesn't affect your FPS too much; you'd need to make a clean save (save the game without the old file active, then load the game with the new file) to use it. And I'm really not going to do anything more on this.