Need help with final touches on large player home mod...Plz plz plz

gutmaw

Heya,

I've been working on this player home for ages. I really just started out using it as a learning bed for CK, Gimp, Nifskope, blender, etc. Here's some fairly recent pics, but I've added a lot of customization since...https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzMqSzmzLLXkc0RYcHNTVC15OFU

I'm SOOOO close to finishing, but I'm having some recent technical issues (CK Crashing), and would like to add some additional NPC/Scripting content prior to releasing. So I'm asking for some experienced modders to help me tie up the loose ends, and add any other cool ideas. Happy to include in the mod if anyone wants to take a stab.

I have the following done...

• 4 levels of custom interior architecture, furniture, decoration, etc (per screenshots)
  • Custom Music per level
  • Custom exterior architecture, and placement in both Tamriel, and a custom worldspace.
  • multiple adoptions compatible
  • bathing activators/scripts
  • lot of planting soil
  • some pretty basic cloud storage
  • many trophy activators
  • JIT lighting all set
  • Occlusion planes everywhere (no room portals) to improve performance
  • Fully navmeshed (interior)
  • Idle markers placed

· Need a Nifskope/Blender expert to help me identify any mesh issues that may be causing the crashes on opening specific cells. I've customized/converted many NIFs, and everything looks right but I think I must be messing up some Nifskope settings or something, but I can’t be sure even from the many tutorials I’ve seen/read.

· This is embarrassing, but I haven’t come up with an acquisition story yet. I’d like to at least include some kind of simple storyline, quest, challenge, etc to acquire the home, but I’ve been putting that off until near completion.

· I haven't messed around with NPC AI or physical appearances much at all yet, and I'd like to add a maid, housecarl, bard, cook/bartender, gaurds, etc...some decent looking NPCs who work during the day, congregate for meals, have some dialog, and sleep at night. Maybe even a way to hire them?

· For the exterior version where I added to Tamriel, I edited the vanilla landscape and navmesh a LOT. It looks nice and the navmesh seems correct, and I avoided (I think) altering anything tied to quests, etc, but I’d like some experienced guidance on do’s and don’ts on editing Tamriel, and to let me know if what I did will be ok, or may cause issues.

· Have low-res models made for LODs, just need to figure out how make em work.

· I have pretty basic cloud storage now, as I really wanted to make this a home that one would want to spend time in as immersively as tolerable, so no auto sorting chests, etc. However, I’m not loving my storage strategy and would like a more efficient yet immersive storage system…I have PLENTY of it available.

· As it is the home is currently decorated like a married couples’ family home, with elements of traditional male, female, and child décor. Although I want to, I haven’t set it up all “Darkfox/Elianora” style to allow customization of decoration, colors, vampire/werewolf, etc. I have a ton of resources I could use to accomplish this, but I think that will have to come in a future revision.

· Seriously open to any other criticism or good ideas that won’t take too long…I gotta get this finished so I can move on!!

PS: I have approval (or pre-approval) on any asset used from other people except for a couple paintings and decorative items which I’ve already swapped out.

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Jeff

Need a Nifskope/Blender expert to help me identify any mesh issues that may be causing the crashes on opening specific cells. I've customized/converted many NIFs, and everything looks right but I think I must be messing up some Nifskope settings or something, but I can’t be sure even from the many tutorials I’ve seen/read.

What you're asking, here, is for someone to open many (or even all) of your meshes and blindly search for problems. You may have an easier time narrowing things down using a binary search.

Let's say you have a cell that's crashing, and there are fifty objects in it. Start your search by creating a test cell out of vanilla objects, and then putting 25 of your objects in there. If the cell crashes, you know it's one of those twenty-five; if it doesn't, then you just ruled out half of the fifty objects as safe. You can continue cutting your sample size in half until you find the bad object.

Once you identify the bad model (if the model is even the problem as opposed to the way a reference or the cell itself is configured), you can then ask for help with it specifically. Finding the bad model will put some of the burden on you, but it also means that if someone does offer to help with it, they're not going to waste time, energy, and focus looking at files that aren't damaged.

Have low-res models made for LODs, just need to figure out how make em work.

You can configure LOD on a Static object: check the "Has Distant LOD" box, and then click the button next to it to set LOD models.

Here are a few Statics that have LOD set:

RTKeep01

WHdockwarehouse

WRWallCurve45

I have pretty basic cloud storage now, as I really wanted to make this a home that one would want to spend time in as immersively as tolerable, so no auto sorting chests, etc. However, I’m not loving my storage strategy and would like a more efficient yet immersive storage system…I have PLENTY of it available.

Not sure what you're asking here. Edited by DavidJCobb

Hey David, thx for the response. I guess I could have been more clear on the NiF issues. I'm not asking for anyone to go thru my meshes, i just have some specific Nifskope settings questions (BSX values, etc) as I've seen a lot of conflicting/vague info out there. As you suggested, I have been going thru the process of deleting items, seeing if the cell crashes, rinse and repeat, and I did find and fix a few that had repetitive Trishape/Node string names. But I'm not 100% sure about all the red flags I should even be looking for. My recent NIFs all appear right, no problem with my nifskope to blender to NifUtilsSuite to Nifskope conversions, and maybe they are and it's older custom NIF/s that are causing the issues but I haven't been able to locate it. Make sense?

I'm to a point where I really want to just hire someone for an hour to go over the few points that I'm unclear on so i can move forward with confidence.

Also, what did you mean by " (if the model is even the problem as opposed to the way a reference or the cell itself is configured)"? Hat reference/configuration are you referring to? Definitely possible I'm blaming bad NIFs when it could be something in CK...

All the other stuff above, except maybe for the questions I have on editing Tamriel cells, are really more nice to haves...like if anyone would enjoy adding some NPCs. The storage system stuff I mentioned i realize is too vague...I'll just scratch that off the list and stick to the important stuff...I often tend to hyper focus where i shouldn't. :tongue:

thx!