Operation Blackbriar

Deleted2746547User

PS To be clear - the NCRCF references are still in geckin my mod - i simply removed their reference in the cell.... Again, anyone is welcome when I'm done to help put them back if thats what people want. whatever works for you... I've always thought the NCRCF quests were kind of lame..but thats me..) :)

UPDATE: NCRCF Missions/Quests disabled in the NCRCF cell/worldspace will be re-enabled when I release the "final" version of this mod. I would repeat that the main storyline and extensive missions of this mod will put you against every major faction in the vanilla game...and is intended to act as more of an expansion type pack than just a few extra missions mod with a neat base thing. But several ppl have said something to me about that... and I want as many ppl to be able to play it as possible so.. When I put out the final version, every NCRCF mission will be re-enabled.

I've posted an early early version in nexus.

WHOEVER IS READING: I am having a major texturing problem and i am sure that for someone who knows what they are doing - it would take 5 seconds to fix. So, I was hoping maybe you could give me some advice....

I am trying to convert a museum tornpainting01 into a "non torn" image where I can insert painting images to use in a mod I'm designing but nothing I do seems to get the background "torn" texture out..... is there an easy way to do this... without mastering the intricacies of UV mapping, modeling, etc.

thanks so much!!

Sometimes I feel like I am having a conversation with myself here... :(

Anyhoo, I am curious (if anyone is listening... I mean reading)... how do i set a timer to an x marker to cause items to be placed over a period of time.. (and not just "appear" all at one).. for example.. lets say I fire an event that causes sandbags to be enabled and show up in a row... how would I attach a timer where each set up sandbags is placed sequentially one after another over time? To give the effect like its being built?

thanks for the advice

I read some of your stuff... and then I stopped because you could write a book on it. I'm finished up my own mini faction mod. I would be glad to donate a little bit of time assuming I dont kill myself over the work I have left to finish my own. lol :happy:

At the very least I can make you a small teaser trailer. :)

EDIT: I would also appreciate it if you kept an eye out for my posts here on the forums, which are generally questions, and they seem like things you could answer :)

Edited by Skibblets

@ Skibblets that is so very cool of you. And I certainly could use the help... I probably shouldnt have started out on such a big project for my first mod... but I really am not one to waste time on something I dont want to do. Know what i mean? Anyway, yes.. your help wold be very very much appreciated! So much to do!

Yes, I probably could write a book on it... :) Whatever you want to do is wonderful. Let me know what works for you or what you'd like to do (trailer) or whatever...

BTW - I'm nearing the end of the "base" building (well, most of it) part and starting on missions/scripting.. Have a ton of missions written out - Operation Open Window (OPENOW): intro mission, OPWIN (Sidewinder), OPADE (Citadel) -base building/construction, OPILER (Pile Driver) - build supply network, OPDACU (Daisy Cutter) - Assasination.. many many more... I just have to figure how to turn my written dialogue/plots into quests, scripts... :)

Anyway, let me know (and whatever you need from me).

THANKS so much!!

btw email is [email protected]

I read some of your stuff... and then I stopped because you could write a book on it. I'm finished up my own mini faction mod. I would be glad to donate a little bit of time assuming I dont kill myself over the work I have left to finish my own. lol :happy:

At the very least I can make you a small teaser trailer. :)

EDIT: I would also appreciate it if you kept an eye out for my posts here on the forums, which are generally questions, and they seem like things you could answer :)

very cool... and yes I will!

• 2 weeks later...

WHOEVER IS READING: I am having a major texturing problem and i am sure that for someone who knows what they are doing - it would take 5 seconds to fix. So, I was hoping maybe you could give me some advice....

I am trying to convert a museum tornpainting01 into a "non torn" image where I can insert painting images to use in a mod I'm designing but nothing I do seems to get the background "torn" texture out..... is there an easy way to do this... without mastering the intricacies of UV mapping, modeling, etc.

thanks so much!!

Is there still need for a "non torn" painting/frame? :)

I kinda used it to practice my skill in Blender :P

Edit:

Meh, next time i'll take a look at the mod page first before posting :whistling:

Still, i'm now one step closer to understanding blender :teehee:

The mod sounds really awesome though!

Edited by Urwy

thanks so much!!

Is there still need for a "non torn" painting/frame? :)

I kinda used it to practice my skill in Blender :P

Edit:

Meh, next time i'll take a look at the mod page first before posting :whistling:

Still, i'm now one step closer to understanding blender :teehee:

The mod sounds really awesome though!

THANKs for the reply. I'll pretty much fixed most/if not all of my texturing problems for now (will be adding more custom content as I go though). Well, that's if i do any more. I love the mod, the idea and the progress I've made so far but quite honestly I'm stuck on scripting... I read the tutorials and do my best to follow the advice I'm given but quite honestly it's all Greek to me and I'm lost. And so, all of the story/mission writing I've done its stuck in a kind of limbo because I can't get some of the very integral scripts to work.... So, for now I'm stuck and more than a little discouraged.

then you should have responded to my email :P

If you need real time help it would be better to discuss your issue over a microphone when you are motivated so we can get real progress, as scripting issues are generally troubleshooting which means a little bit of trial and error.

An alternative would be to either post your script on here or email it to me. Before doing so make sure basic issues such as gramatical errors and REF's match up correctly.

EDIT: I'm busy pretty much all day tomorrow, but if you email me I'll get to it for sure (I'm fiddling around with the post alert, so I probably won't look there)

Edited by Skibblets