Extreme nonstop consistent crashing

firydoom3

I'm not. Game requirements are usually what's required to run the game in a playable state, not what's required to run the game in an unstable, unplayable state. I'm sorry, mate, and could I help you I would, but the simple fix is really to get more RAM. I don't think you'll have a way to get around your problem until then.

I can say happily i have found a temporary solution to my problem that i can suggest to others with ram problems and who can't afford to upgrade, it is called extra ram, it is a simple program that allows you to clear up your ram while you are using a program. here is how to use it.

1. download and install

2. start the program

3. set up your settings

4. start the game

5. put it in windowed mode or bring it down with CTRL+ALT+DEL

6. click optimize now.

and your done.

i have actually been able to play without constant crashing, so i highly suggest it.

I am sorry to bug everyone with the uptemth post on this subject, but i need help. My fallout crashes almost consistently sometime between 5 to 10 minutes. But it also gets worse. When in or even near fiend territory it will crash crashes 30 seconds to one minute while sometimes very rarely it will stay up for a little longer. I have tried using ccmechanic2 and robert01's NV Game Stabilizer a7 with no noticeable difference. Is there anything i can do or am i doomed to save every 5 seconds obsessively.

then try the esp A8 only. the esm is in testing stages right now, but the esp is not. Give it a shot.

Not bad. If you've got it running on that much RAM, try increasing your available virtual memory. I've never had to on my newest computer, but on my old one with only a 1 GB stick it enabled me to play games out of my system requirements with increased stability.

This is only a suggestion, though, and can have pronounced drawbacks. If you notice any problems, just set the value back to normal.

Edited by NorthWolf

Not bad. If you've got it running on that much RAM, try increasing your available virtual memory. I've never had to on my newest computer, but on my old one with only a 1 GB stick it enabled me to play games out of my system requirements with increased stability.

This is only a suggestion, though, and can have pronounced drawbacks. If you notice any problems, just set the value back to normal.

http://www.newvegasn...le.php?id=42647

http://extra-ram.com/extra_ram_download.html

Edited by ccmechanic2

Okay, if this is a ram issue than I should be breezing by easily. I have played the following games with high settings and all have never crashed once so far: fallout 3 goty + numerous mods for fun, oblivion goty + numerous mods for fun, morrowind goty + numerous mods for fun, assassins creed brotherhood (That one around medium admittedly), and overlord 1+2 (both around medium, once again admittedly.) My computer, thanks to graduation money, has one terabyte of memory and has run all these with hardly a hiccup. This is ridiculous, ever since I left vault 32 and found a random cowboy leaving and being attacked by hostile fiends, where I tried to defend him leading to my game crashing. A good portion of the time if I load my save it has a chance to freeze then close out, and randomly when I KILL something, not just when I engage combat, but after I pawn the son of a ***** and start teabagging it in the face all of a sudden i"m booted out of the gamewith a message saying the game has stopped working properly. I am going to try the listed mod near the beginning of this thread. Hopefully that will help...

Okay, if this is a ram issue than I should be breezing by easily. I have played the following games with high settings and all have never crashed once so far: fallout 3 goty + numerous mods for fun, oblivion goty + numerous mods for fun, morrowind goty + numerous mods for fun, assassins creed brotherhood (That one around medium admittedly), and overlord 1+2 (both around medium, once again admittedly.) My computer, thanks to graduation money, has one terabyte of memory and has run all these with hardly a hiccup. This is ridiculous, ever since I left vault 32 and found a random cowboy leaving and being attacked by hostile fiends, where I tried to defend him leading to my game crashing. A good portion of the time if I load my save it has a chance to freeze then close out, and randomly when I KILL something, not just when I engage combat, but after I pawn the son of a ***** and start teabagging it in the face all of a sudden i"m booted out of the gamewith a message saying the game has stopped working properly. I am going to try the listed mod near the beginning of this thread. Hopefully that will help...

Just to tell you fallout 3, fallout NV, and Oblivion are glitchy games. With games that big you going to run into some major bugs sometimes. I can't tell you exactly what your problem is, but sometimes it happens, I should know, I had to remake many of my fallout and oblivion files.