Fallout 4 1.5 Update Public Service Announcement

SirSalami

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37172410.

Krondax wrote:

Well, I got NMM updated last night, Had to reboot my system because NexusClient.exe was somehow still running. Made the mistake of disabling and re-enabling my mods.

actually uninstalled and reinstalled them, and i did not have a single problem with loading, and I have about 53 mods running ATM.

stupid question, but what is this mod menu you are referring to. (i am at work now so....)

When you start fallout after the power armour helmet screen it is a new button that will connect you to Bethesda.Net, allow you to D/L mods from there, fiddle with load order & enable / disable mods

In response to post #37148135. #37168115, #37170040, #37187520, #37198900, #37222215, #37267055, #37282640, #37313595, #37319165 are all replies on the same post.

dom77us wrote: Screw it!

I don't need more aggravation in my life so I uninstalled Fallout 4.

I'll wait for Bethesda to stop with the bs, decide how they're going go forward with it and get the game to a more reliably playable state.

vlaka wrote: i'm borderline this :P
sickjoke419 wrote: I'm at this point as well =(
SpecialS4UC3 wrote: Unfortunately that's where I ended up as well.
viper1968 wrote: I hear you, so fed up with all this crap from BGS.
BioAftermath wrote: Hopefully we can turn all of this annoyance with Bethesda's bullshit in a positive direction: push for a brand new engine, which could look a s#*! ton better, and run a s#*! ton better, among other stuff. They got a LOT of money from Fallout 4, they have the resources. C'mon Bethy, make a great game! :D
xTLRxPrototype wrote: Lets start a petition.
bulletpr0of617 wrote: Did the same. Updated FO4, updated NMM, re-installed 180 mods, load the game and find out that 153 hours of saved games don't work.

I wouldn't mind if the game was as good as it should be, but I find this game rubbish to be honest. A detective mystery set in the fallout universe... Boring. Then they go introducing bethesda.net and screw up all the mods I installed to make the game more playable.

Cheesed off is an understatement.
dainsgames wrote: Same here, I have spare time to play, not a whole spare lifetime to fix artificially induced problems. I had revised my entire mod setup for survival adventure gameplay, got everything working almost perfectly and was just tweaking the combat AI to kick my butt a little harder when BAM - Steam (which was left in Offline mode to prevent updates) started updating FO4 anyeffingways.

And instead of downloading and THEN installing the update, which would have let me stop the download and keep the working version, Steam breaks the game until the update is finished. And of course then, the game wouldn't keep mods loaded. I read up and fixed that, UI mods made it crash, I read up and fixed that, and it STILL wouldn't load with mods. I'm pretty sure there's a manual INI fix I could try still, but forgeddaboutit - I'm done wasting my spare time.

I'm sure that in several months, all this will be resolved (maybe with a NMM patch? seems necessary) and hey, maybe I'll try again. Or maybe I won't until the next FO comes out, and instead of buying that one for full price, I'll load this one up and play it until the new one's CK has been out for awhile and it's on super-cheap sale.

So basically I'll charge Bethesda the difference between the full price and the sale price on their next FO for the annoyance they've caused me. Seems fair.
vizan wrote: yerr getting fed up also.. the enable all plugins button helps but some stuff isnt working properly.. i'am missing some stuff in build menu wich means some mod or patch isnt loaded or working properly... and with 379 mods / 251 active plugins... my head starts hurting just thinking about trying to fix this.... i just cba.. dont think ill be buying doom.. at all.. until maybe next summer sale.. maybe buy wow legion instead... get out of this single player nonsense and hook up with some online / mmo friends again... with all the corrupted saves prolonged progress in a playthrough is pretty much impossible and it's not like a non buggy / properly working multyplayer / co-op mod is gonna be available anytime soon neways -_-

This situation is so retarded. even with the "hotfix" its the same thing.

In response to post #37342680.

meisterdb21 wrote: This is one thing that kills me, i updated nmm and fo4 and yet nmm wont load for me and im stuck with the mod list in the fo4 main screen that i have to do every time. Any ideas?

We are all in the same boat. top to bottom...look at the comments :(

No can do bro.

In response to post #37172410.

Krondax wrote:

Well, I got NMM updated last night, Had to reboot my system because NexusClient.exe was somehow still running. Made the mistake of disabling and re-enabling my mods.

actually uninstalled and reinstalled them, and i did not have a single problem with loading, and I have about 53 mods running ATM.

stupid question, but what is this mod menu you are referring to. (i am at work now so....)

When you start fallout after the power armour helmet screen it is a new button that will connect you to Bethesda.Net, allow you to D/L mods from there, fiddle with load order & enable / disable mods

yeah.. found that. each time i log into fallout now i have to re-update the load order. anyone know anyway around this?

In response to post #37342680. #37378655 is also a reply to the same post.

meisterdb21 wrote: This is one thing that kills me, i updated nmm and fo4 and yet nmm wont load for me and im stuck with the mod list in the fo4 main screen that i have to do every time. Any ideas?
sardoukar wrote: We are all in the same boat. top to bottom...look at the comments :(

No can do bro.

GAAAAHHHHH!!! problem is i dont want to stop playing but i dont want to deal with vanilla, why couldent this whole mod thing be done during the pre-beta stage? Edited by meisterdb21

Been playing FO4 for months using 21 manually installed Nexus mods with no UI mods. After updating yesterday, FO4 will start but I could not continue my saved game. After reading this thread, I setup a Bethesda account and now using the Mods command, logging into Bethesda, and enabling the 21 manually installed Nexus mods each time I play; I can continue my saved game. However, in Steam offline mode and disconnected from the internet, I could not log into Bethesda thus I could not enable the Nexus mods. Is there a fix for this or must I have an always "on" internet connection.

Update: From the Steam site, I found a solution that fixed my situation. I:

(1) put an * before each mod in the plugin list and made sure it was read only

(2) deleted fallout4.esm from the plugin list and

(3) verified or added to the "Document/My Games/Fallout4/fallout4custom.ini" the following three lines:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

So I can now continue playing my saved game offline with the Nexus mods and without logging into Bethesda.

Edited by Guest

For some reason, Fallout 4 crashes when trying to add mods through their shitty new system. I tried loading a save and it said that "This save requires content no longer present" blah blah f*#@in blah. I go into the MODS in the main menu and see that for some reason half my .esm and .esp are disabled. I reenable them and then F4 says we need to restart the game for the changes to take effect. The game crashes with the mod order unaffected. What the f*#@? Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone got any idea on my issue?

So now the game will crash as long as I have the FO4Custom.ini file with our standard settings. When I have the custom.ini in Documents, here is what happens:

The game will have string parsing errors, for example, logging in under Mod tab will be as $logging_in, and $username, $password etc. And whether new game or load will all lead to CTD.

If I deleted custom.ini. Game work normally but without all my mods installed, namely I cannot resume my previous save.

My wild guess is that since the new patch changed how data loading works, custom.ini way is deprecated and no longer supported.

Any idea guys?

*********update**********

It is the mod DEF_UI that cause the problem. Using ini the game located all the mods files. But DEF_UI causes in-game string mis-matching and crashed the game.

Root cause found. Issue resolved

Edited by Henry1324