Help Getting Nehrim to Work

sos32291

Hey guys, I just recently reinstalled Oblivion after discovering a few mods, and I figured I might as well give Nehrim a try as well. However, I have come across a problem, I cannot launch Nehrim. First of all, I am using the Steam version of Oblivion. I followed the readme and guide on the internet to install Nehrim. I installed it to my desktop after making a copy of my original oblivion folder. I then copied the Nehrim folder into the steamapps/common/oblivion folder. However, it is at this point where things do not make sense to me. I launch the Oblivion launcher, and go to Data files, yet there are no options for Nehrim there. It is just the DLC for the GOTY edition, which I disabled anyway, but it does not make a difference because the Nehrim data files are missing in action...

I know that you guys probably get questions like this a lot, but I tried searching through the FAQ, several topics, and many different website but no one seemed to have a solution (even if others have had the same problem). Thank you in advance.

The desktop is no better than Program Files for UAC stuff. I suggest you use Bben46's Guide to move it to C:\Games\Steam\Oblivion (there's a link in the page I gave you specifically to the Steam move procedure), and then check Oblivion works. Then install Nehrim, following their instructions carefully, and it should show up. You should end up with NehrimLauncher.exe in your Oblivion directory, and three new folders called NehrimIcons, NehrimBonus and NehrimLauncherData. Edited by MarkInMKUK