Can somebody do an anime/manga faces

youkai7

hi i've been wondering if anyone could do faces of anime character, i found this video recently and i couldn't find somthing like that, i know some mods could be similar like the pretty faces mods, although it doesn't give that much anime/manga feeling imho... here is the link

Edited by youkai7

hi i've been wondering if anyone could do faces of anime character, i found this video recently and i couldn't find somthing like that, i know some mods could be similar like the pretty faces mods, although it doesn't give that much anime/manga feeling imho... here is the link

That looks easy enough, choose the rightmost preset on a male warden to get almost the same look as the character shown in the video. Just use saram/rens hairs from http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=392. Make it white and use http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=153 for the vibrant eye color. Choose the complexion 3 notches in on the left to remove wrinkle and age lines for a clean skin warden (I am pretty sure that is the one they used in the youtube clip). The eyes are the middle slider which have the most anime look in my opinion. Otherwise I do not think they used any mods besides the hair and eyes one to get that look.

I was able to make a char look almost exactly like that in 1 min, not sure how to export it for usage. Those guidelines should yield similar results otherwise I would share it if I knew how. Those few slider changes should get you close.

Edited by Citadel535

• 2 months later...

anyone?

This is pretty interesting. I see that im not the only one trying to make anime-looking characters with the character creator eh? I'm currently studying illustration and looking to draw manga, so maybe i could point out a few things that may be helpful?

if you want to do manga faces, the human male noble isn't the best base. the males in this game are a little too.... asthetically correct to be anime. the face in that video would look like that only from that one angle.

The human male noble base has a major flaw in its features; if you turn the face to a 3/4 view, the cheeks are too sunk in, and the flesh around the mouth stick out (the mouths are always porportionally too wide from the 3/4 view even on the thinnest setting, but if you turn it back to a straight foward view, it looks too thin. a slight bit of a 3d rendering error perhaps?). This goes directly against manga facial porportions which ask for a face with a more out-ward rounded connection between the cheek bone and the jaw when viewd at a 3/4 angle. I try to fix this problem by popping the cheekbone out as much as possible while still looking anatomically correct, and then lowering the cheekbone height to a level where it compensates for that curve. however, the face then appears flat, as bioware's rendering of the mouth muscles was misdone (the whole mouth sticks from the face too far in the shape of a pyramid. I noticed that when a character smiles, especially in a portrait expression, the mouth slightly resembles that of a chimpanzee's) also, some obvious ways to make the character look manga is to lower the eye height, enlarge the eye fully, make mouth have a comfortable amount of overbite, thinning the chin width (not too much, or else his head will look like a radish), and tucking up the chin height (compensate radish-ness by pulling out the chin depth). Remember the facial porportions: eyes are at one-half between top of the head and chin, nose is at onehalf the distance between eye line and chin, mouth is then at one-half the distance between nose and chin.

Even with these adjustments, it might be hard to create a manga- looking face from the human noble base. I always use female (due to the roundness of their cheeks) human or preferably elf (as in my avatar). elf presets are quite disgusting, however, and can be hard to start with without getting preset mods. some mods provide great presets that can be used to create great-looking faces. i would suggest looking around for beautiful presets and whatnot so you can get started easy.

i rambled a bit, but i hope this helps.

• 1 month later...