Sand Tornado

Jacobah

Does anyone else's fps drop to a crawl when walking through those little sand/dirt tornadoes? It also seems to happen randomly, some tornadoes cause it, others don't. The game runs buttery smooth for me otherwise, I have it locked at 60fps and I know my computer "should" be able to easily take anything new vegas can throw at it.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 Quad at 3.8 GHz

2 EVGA GTX 560's in SLI

4GB of RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Yesterday I encountered for the first time shifty graphs in Crysis 2.

Now, you could say, "Dude, this is NOT Crysis!", BUT!!!

I just had installed this new vid driver for my card, which I later killed, and reinstalled the previous one, which got rid of the shifty graphs.

Might be a vid driver thing....

Yeah, i'd say it is a driver issue. I am running an overclocked 4850 and have the graphics settings as high as they go, and i am not having any FPS problems. I do have ramdom crashes though, but i save frequently anyway.

Does anyone else's fps drop to a crawl when walking through those little sand/dirt tornadoes? It also seems to happen randomly, some tornadoes cause it, others don't. The game runs buttery smooth for me otherwise, I have it locked at 60fps and I know my computer "should" be able to easily take anything new vegas can throw at it.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 Quad at 3.8 GHz

2 EVGA GTX 560's in SLI

4GB of RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Do you have Antialiasing and filtering on? If you're using NVSE see if the 4gb loader helps in any way, I know you only have 4gb but it should only use what it needs to.