Is there a way to mod Sun Damage as a Weapon Enchantment?

galgus

Haven't been able to get it to work, going to make a spell that applies the ability to the player to try to see what is going on. Will probably give up on it for tonight and get on again in the morning to work on it- but thanks for the help.

The problem could be multiple things: but I'm suspecting that the script to add the ability to the NPC is flawed.

EDIT: When I made a spell use the script to give the custom-made sun damage ability, it seems to have worked. Thus, the problem must be making the Weapon apply that script on-hit.

I will visit this problem tomorrow.

Edited by galgus

Now working on the problem again, and I'm still not sure why how the script is working for spells but apparently not activating for the Sword.

Is there any way I need to tweak the script to apply on hit?

This is the script that works for the spell, but won't apply with the weapon:

scriptname SwordofSunandMoonSunsCurseAbilityAddition

Begin ScriptEffectStart

AddSpell SwordofSunandMoonSunsCurseAbility

End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

RemoveSpell SwordofSunandMoonSunsCurseAbility

End

The spell targets the user, while the weapon effect is locked in touch as a weapon effect: but it doesn't seem to be applying the script.

Does making a script apply on weapon hit require some modification to the script?

No... it shouldn't require special modifications. How do you know that the effect isn't applied when it's a weapon effect? Try using this:

Begin ScriptEffectStart

AddSpell SwordofSunandMoonSunsCurseAbility
PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectFireDamage

End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

RemoveSpell SwordofSunandMoonSunsCurseAbility

End

It should play the fire damage magic shader if it affects the target.

Sorry, I was testing something wrong.

After testing with the effect, the fire effect doesn't go away from the target. Is there a way to remove it in the finish section of the script?

Anyway, the actual ability either isn't being added to the target or isn't working for some reason: when I target with a self targeting version of the test spell with the same script it adds the Sun Damage ability and the ability works. (Instant death in sunlight.)

I need to find why its working on self cast but failing on target cast.

OK, I just tried having Vilja put on the Hands of Midnight. The Hands of Midnight is a pair of gloves in the game that's enchanted with 30 Sun Damage. Vilja did not lose any health at all. I kept checking her health every second for about a minute, and it stayed the same.

So unless Vilja has some scripting that makes her stay at max HP all the time, I venture to say that Sun Damage is something that can only affect the player.

Interesting. I hope there is some way around it, but I doubt it.

Anyway, is there any way to change what effect Sun Damage has?

Or script a different effect to happen depending on time of day?

Anyway, thanks for your help.