Game crashes upon load

Deleted600333User

Whenever I update the Nexus Mod Manager, and then attempt to open a save, the game crashes. I have to go back to an earlier save in order to get the game to load. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know of a way to fix it? All I know is that I update NMM, open Fallout 4, attempt to load a recent save, and the game shuts down. If there's anything else I need to do, please let me know.

Have you installed or updated any mods lately? Do you have the new DLC? I had a very similar problem. I had not yet installed the DLC but had updated several mods. I kept having CTD issues, which I solved by installing the DLC. Many of the new updates are updated for the new DLC content, yet make no mention of it.

I have the current DLC installed, yes, but I haven't installed any new mods for a few weeks. The mods I had installed weren't very large or impactful, either. They were up to date, and there weren't any conflicts. I only had the problem when I updated the NMM. In fact, I played the game earlier yesterday, then updated the NMM, then had the corrupted save issue.