Gobi for Fallout 3

Luxidenstore

Hello,

I just reinstalled Fallout 3 and have started a few awesome mods to spice things up. I never really got as much into New Vegas as I did with Fallout 3, but one thing bugs me that I won't have in FO3 - The Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle!

I really loved that rifle and would like to know if it's possible to in some way add it to my Fallout 3 game, preferably with a silencer.

I found this mod http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36012 but unfortunately it's for New Vegas :-(

Isn't the gobi just a bog-standard sniper rifle mesh with a funky name and different stats? In that case, just use the GECK to clone a sniper rifle and give it whatever stats you wish. I'm also pretty sure that some people have made silenced variants of it too.

It's not just a standard black sniper, no. It's got a desert camouflage skin, however I have tried searching for some guides to maybe learn to import it to Fallout 3 myself. Problem is I'm a complete retard when it comes to stuff like that and that's why I hope there's a helpful soul out there to help me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.

So I have spent some more time watching/reading guides and decided to try and make it myself. I have pretty much gotten the mod/gobi in the game, there is just a few details missing that I can't figure out how to add.. When I watch the Gobi in the geck the lens scope texture is red and I can't figure out which file I have to add here. In the game when I have the sniper in first person the scope also does some bright flashes which is ofcourse related to it not having the texture in the geck.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this?

Edited by Luxidenstore

I did, there are no reference in any of the vanilla files otherwise I would've just copied from the standard Sniper Rifle. Tried geck for New Vegas too, no references there either.

I guess a black tinted square could work in a worst case scenario if I don't get any responses that works.