Stuck because of CTD

Bboy207

i tried restarting and installing the memory patch but only forums came up expect this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/? so I downloaded it which i feel like didn't help much. now i am still crashing on this new character, but only when i go near areas containing a town/city for example i am trying to get to the city of north guard past half-moon mill and i am fine around the mill and the nearby forest, but once i get to the edge of the town i crash. i am really frustrated, but i do not want to give up yet.

Ps: I did change my load order so the unofficial patch is before wyrmstooth

That's not the way to set up your memoryblock in SKSE.

Check out gopher's video on youtube on how to set up SKSE.

He can and will help you better than we can do on this forum

So you added 170 mods without any testing in between? Can be a great number of things.

I hope it's one of the easier solutions like setting skse up. If there is a mod that makes these crashes it'l be hard to find out which one.

Also do more research before installing mods.

I can see a couple of mods that will mess up your game after a long play session. And you can't just uninstall them on your play-trough then!

One of the mods you should avoid is deadly combat.. To name just one among others you use that are confirmed to mess up your game by a great deal of users, on many forums, sometimes even described on the front page + not even supported anymore.

You don't use wrye bash you say. That's another thing where you fall short, since you can merge files, ghost esps and tweak ingame settings like alarm distance and timescale with it.

Some mods like Legacy of the dragonborn even insist to rebuild a bash patch after it.

Seriously. Do your research :smile:

Sorry i did research, but i guess not enough. I haven't done a modded skyrim in a long time so definitely rushed too much.

i can confirm that it is only around major settlements. I went through and deleted/cleaned several mods up, but it still is crashing. I did a no clip god mode run throughout skyrim and it only crashed near the settlements.I am thinking that it might just be i have tamriel reloaded textures 2k along with 2 npc mods and the game just cannot handle that.

Edited by Bboy207

i uninstalled the 2k version of tamriel reloaded and installed the 1k and it seemed to work fine when i flew in during noclip mode. I even flew around falkreath for awhile to make sure there were some frame drops, but i was also flying around fight guards to pass the time. So hopefully that means I fixed this issue. this was a good reminder on why i need to read through on all my mods.

Yes reducing textures will definitly help if it is a memory problem. Be sure to turn off deadly combat tho, if you stil l want to enjoy skyrim after 50 hour gameplay or so and start a new game fresh save.

Even though you uninstall mods the save files will still keep the scripts, bloating your save.