Problems with Vampirism

Greetings. Ever since my char caught vampirism, I have been running into wierd problems with the game. The most obvious one is that her face now looks completely horrible; I realize that vampirism is meant to alter her face, but, it gives her a completely different, MALE, face. Here is an image:

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1561/screenshot1009.png

I have tried altering her appearance with the console, but it reverts back to this ugly face whenever I exit and re-enter the game, or simply by loading the file! I am using Natural Faces, IFT and Enayla's Facial Textures, but those are mostly replacers so deleting them wouldn't work I think. Is there anyone who has experienced something like this?

Also, more importantly, ever since I started progression through the vampiric stages, my save games seem to have become unstable. Sometimes when trying to load them the game simply keeps crashing and I have to load an older save. This morning I tried to load the quicksave and got the message "Save game corrupt. Reverting back to game" or something like that. This has led me to save constantly and is quite scary since the character in question has almost 300 hours played.

Install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. It fixes this exact problem.

Oh? I'll be darned! Thanks! But wait, will that patch work for a game this old? I'd imagine I'd have to start a new gam- ah nevermind. Thanks for your help.

Erm it still reverts back to the ugly face when I have exited and then reentered the game. Is there something in particular I need to do besides activiting the fix as I did when installing? Edited by NocturneNight

Erm it still reverts back to the ugly face when I have exited and then reentered the game. Is there something in particular I need to do besides activiting the fix as I did when installing?

This is a known bug in the game: loading a save game with a female vampire character will result in the character having a male face. The workaround is to load an old save with that character before she became a vampire, then load the vampire save game. See this UESPWiki article for more details.

The UOP never really fixed this for me. There are mods that fix this as well as removing some of the more unsightly vampirism effects. I am currently using Vampire Race Disabler, which removes the ugly aging and shader effect, but leaves the fangs, facial morphs, and eyes. My character looks good and loads with the proper face every time. Highly recommended.

Erm it still reverts back to the ugly face when I have exited and then reentered the game. Is there something in particular I need to do besides activiting the fix as I did when installing?

This is a known bug in the game: loading a save game with a female vampire character will result in the character having a male face. The workaround is to load an old save with that character before she became a vampire, then load the vampire save game. See this UESPWiki article for more details.

The UOP never really fixed this for me. There are mods that fix this as well as removing some of the more unsightly vampirism effects. I am currently using Vampire Race Disabler, which removes the ugly aging and shader effect, but leaves the fangs, facial morphs, and eyes. My character looks good and loads with the proper face every time. Highly recommended.

Thank you - The problem is that when I load an older savegame then the current one, she still loses the skin color etc that I've given her, it seems you've had the same problem. I will look into the article and the mod you have provided once I have some spare time - thank you again. :)

Right, it works, but, I wanted to give her some more vampirish features (mainly a brighter skintone to make her look more pale) yet when I enter the race menu, this happens:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5598/screenshot1011.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:biggrin:

I don't think it is really possible to use showracemenu with a vampire character, the few times I tried it either crashed the game or caused weird things to happen. The game morphs your character anyway depending on which stage of vampirism you are at, so any changes you make would only last until the next time you either fed or progressed to the next stage.

My suggestion would be to use the console to cure your vampirism, then edit your character, and then use the console again to re-enable the vampirism.