"What am I working on" Showcase

Deleted32045420User

Well I dont have any pictures/videos this time (some of you might have seen my post about quantum's fate) because today I have made the framework for a stealth overhaul:

• New silenced abilities for silenced weapons (turns out you can create those with a simple bool- thanks firaxis!)
  • a new ability to reconceal a squad if they didn't encounter any enemies(gonna see if i can change that to just include enemy activations to not make it OP ) or taken them all out within one turn (activation->enemy Turn->check for reconceal)
  • created an ability to reduce the detection radius if you're using items that are marked as "Civilian" for blending in(will be ini Configurable)

This is fantastic! This is actually on our "To-Do" on our website. Happy to use yours though, for as long as you support it. I was actually going to have our artists do some 3D models of sound suppressors (at least for the 1st tier)

I would love to cooperate here if you'd like to, fresh ideas and new looks on code are always a good thing! (also i cant do anything with modeling or sound really)

I do have some problems i'd like some more minds working on- how to override the sound system in the game without doing a highlander mod, i dont think changing the template would be a good idea since it will propagate through all the units, so far i've just settled on a second variation for each suppressible weapon.

Well I dont have any pictures/videos this time (some of you might have seen my post about quantum's fate) because today I have made the framework for a stealth overhaul:

• New silenced abilities for silenced weapons (turns out you can create those with a simple bool- thanks firaxis!)

Which one? The one that lets movement/actions not generate any sound (bSilentAbility)?

Also, if you're doing integrally suppressed weapons, you could just lower the iSoundRange to single digits and maybe copy the SMG Pack's method of reducing detection range.

Which one? The one that lets movement/actions not generate any sound (bSilentAbility)?

Also, if you're doing integrally suppressed weapons, you could just lower the iSoundRange to single digits and maybe copy the SMG Pack's method of reducing detection range.

Perhaps this should be a new thread with @Eladdy202. I'm personally working on Co-Op until June 1st, and then happy to singularly focus on this! What I AM willing to commit is 3D Modelers for sound suppressors gun mods and audio engineers for custom sounds (I assume wave) files. I've already budgeted that in since Dragonpunk is all about "running in the shadows", so happy to get the team started now under your leadership if this is something you might commit to.

<p>

Yeah...duh...dumb Elad... Thanks mate, yeah if I am already getting new templates to override the abilities why go the tough route? Oh and about detection range- there's a stat on a unit I am currently adding a persistent effect to raise that on tactical load.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this isn't too much of a necro, but I decided on releasing an initial version of the highlander mod I've been working on for forever.

Video Overview: https://youtu.be/VKUoFa06AmU

Documentation Overview: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19yGFne2q3JF266T9G_6j55NKan-Pc5OAvp1OHtE7e4I/edit?usp=sharing

Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/mods/569/?

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635488466

Basically, (a few as of yet) new events that mods can listen to, helper classes, a couple native-based bug fixes, minor additions and gameplay tweaks, mod config menu, config options that can be upgraded and persist across mod updates, etc. It's the sort of thing that if someone ever needs a new event buried in a native class, I can always add it. If someone has a good idea for a mod but it's native-based, why not extend it?

Haven't tested it with any other mods installed at the same time, but theoretically most mods should work just fine. I don't override any classes, so it shouldn't really conflict with anything else. Worst case scenario is that a component of this mod doesn't work because something overrides it.

Why now, the day before a major patch drops? Because if they fix something I want credit for having thought of it and done it : p And it was a good target to shoot for, forced me to sit down and actually solve the remaining issues and release something out there.

Edited by abeclancy