NV Animations for Fallout 3

Machienzo

Same engine, same files, same deal. Yes it can be done, and all the needed materials are in the mesh .bsa

I looked at the Fallout 3 Animations Restoration mod and attempted to transfer the same files from the New vegas side to Fallout 3, but they didn't seem to work. Help?

• 2 weeks later...

Same engine, same files, same deal. Yes it can be done, and all the needed materials are in the mesh .bsa

I looked at the Fallout 3 Animations Restoration mod and attempted to transfer the same files from the New vegas side to Fallout 3, but they didn't seem to work. Help?

I couldn't stand the Fallout 3 running animation, so I found a way to copy the New Vegas one. This is probably overkill, and I'm sure there's a more concise way to do it, but it worked for me.

1. Copy all the *.kf files from your New Vegas data/meshes/characters/_male and data/meshes/characters/_1stperson folders (and subfolders) into the equivalent Fallout 3 folders.

2. Using FOMM, open the Fallout - Meshes.bsa in your New Vegas Data folder, and extract the /characters folder to someplace else.

3. Copy the *.kf files from the _male and _1stperson folders from that bsa and paste them into the equivalent Fallout 3 folders. When asked, do not replace anything.

Again, I'm sure this is overkill, but it worked for me.