Help: How can I tell if OBGE is working?

Wow, weird... Oh, you're using the stand-alone version. Hmmm... Oh, you need to right-click on the 'Package' header, not the package itself. I need to see your load order to say something about the Map Loop thing. Are you using DarN UI?

--Tomlong54210

You're going to love this question..... "Where can I find the Package header?" lol

Here's a screencap of my current load order. I've been adding some mods while waiting to get OBSE/GE working. So far they all work with starting Ob regularly

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5503/loadordertd.jpg

But originally I was having the problem with the following.... sorry I didn't take down what their order was. It was probably relative to what it is now, minus all the other mods.

Alternate Start V1-66-11495

Francescos_leveled_creatures_items_mod_4.5b-2518

Unofficial Oblivion patch

Unofficial SI patch

The 'Package' header in the Installers tab. I mean to put that last bit in my last post, my mistake.

Use BOSS to order your mods. BOSS - http://tescosi.com/wiki/Oblivion:BOSS

If you need to hand place something: Load Order - http://tescosi.com/wiki/Oblivion:Load_Order

--Tomlong54210

The 'Package' header in the Installers tab. I mean to put that last bit in my last post, my mistake.

Use BOSS to order your mods. BOSS - http://tescosi.com/wiki/Oblivion:BOSS

If you need to hand place something: Load Order - http://tescosi.com/wiki/Oblivion:Load_Order

--Tomlong54210

Ha, fun stuff.... new "problem". I downloaded BOSS and tried to install it. BOSS told me it was already installed... maybe as a component of when I installed Wyre? Anyway, I then copied the "masterlist.txt" into ..\Oblivion\Data. Then tried to run Wyre, and now that program won't run. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but to no avail. Here's the error log it's spitting out.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 31, in <module>
 File "bash.pyo", line 311, in main
 File "basher.pyo", line 15386, in InitLinks
 File "basher.pyo", line 14297, in InitStatusBar
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Man, I'm sorry all this weird stuff keep coming up. Your help's been amazing TomLong, thanks so much.

BOSS didn't give you an option to uninstall the old files? BOSS masterlist is no longer in the Data folder. You should delete any BOSS files in there, but I thought the executable would do that for you. Yeah, Bash v293 is not compatible with BOSS v1.8. Install BOSS v1.7 for now. Bash v294 will be compatible with it though.

--Tomlong54210

Wow, weird... Oh, you're using the stand-alone version. Hmmm... Oh, you need to right-click on the 'Package' header, not the package itself. I need to see your load order to say something about the Map Loop thing. Are you using DarN UI?

--Tomlong54210

Okay, I've made some good progress in terms of getting things setup the way you've talked about. At the moment the 'map loop' is what appears to be standing in my way.

- I uninstalled BAIN and BOSS 1.8 (this combo was initially installed from an installer package)

- Manually installed BAIN 293 as a standalone without BOSS

- Manually installed BOSS 1.7

- Updated BOSS's masterlist through its gui

- Ran BOSS to automatically update my load list

- Through BAIN, uninstalled OBGEv3

- Unchecked "Skip OBSE plugins"

- Reinstalled OBGEv3 through BAIN and told it to install the plugin when prompted.

* Did not change the mod load order.

I ran Oblivion through the obse_loader.exe, still getting the weird map loop on game start.

Here's my current load list....

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8026/loadlist2.jpg

** After posting all of the above I tried something: I disabled ever single mod, leaving only the Oblivion.esm *and* OBGE Liquid Water enabled. I still experienced the same map loop. Then I even disabled Liquid Water... still ran into the loop.

Are you using DarN UI?

Nope :)

Edited by toastysquirrel

Why didn't you sort your load order? There's no reason to not do that. Have you tried regenerating the Oblivion.ini yet? Also, please use Bash's List Mods function instead of screen shots. It's easier to see, comment and loads faster. :L

LO posting instructions: http://tescosi.com/wiki/Oblivion:How_to_Post_Your_Load_Order

Could I see your BAIN package list and active OMOD list as well?

Bah has a list packages feature that works just like list mods. It's in the same menu as that OBSE plugins flag. You can get your active OMOD list from OBMM > Import/Export (right sidebar) > Export Active OMOD List. You'll have to copy the latter yourself.

--Tomlong54210

Why didn't you sort your load order? There's no reason to not do that. Have you tried regenerating the Oblivion.ini yet? Also, please use Bash's List Mods function instead of screen shots. It's easier to see, comment and loads faster. :L

LO posting instructions: http://tescosi.com/wiki/Oblivion:How_to_Post_Your_Load_Order

Could I see your BAIN package list and active OMOD list as well?

Bah has a list packages feature that works just like list mods. It's in the same menu as that OBSE plugins flag. You can get your active OMOD list from OBMM > Import/Export (right sidebar) > Export Active OMOD List. You'll have to copy the latter yourself.

--Tomlong54210

Sorry, still really new to this stuff. As for sorting my load order, I thought BOSS did that. I've run the BOSS GUI.exe and under the "Run Options" had "Update Masterlist" and "Enable Mod Version Display" checked. Not sure if there's something else I need to do so that BOSS will update the list. (??). But like I've mentioned before, OBSE doesn't even seem to work when I have '0' mods enabled. :P But seriously, what do I know about this? haha

*update* I just noticed that BAIN has a "sort by load order" feature I hadn't been aware of.

Load order from BAIN....

Active Mod Files:

00 Oblivion.esm

01 Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm [Version 4.5bSI]

02 Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm [Version 4.5bSI]

03 Francesco's Optional New Creatures Add-On.esm [Version 4.5bSI]

04 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.2.0]

05 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

06 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

07 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.4.0]

08 300_Combat Sounds.esp

09 AmbientTownSounds.esp

0A ChaseCameraMod.esp

0B TryBeforeYouBuy.esp

0C EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

0D Francesco's Optional Files.esp

0E The Duelists.esp

0F phinix_portable_tent.esp

10 EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp

11 Oblivifall - Ambiant Dungeon SFX.esp [Version 3.0]

12 Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

13 Beautiful People.esp

14 EVE_KhajiitFix.esp

15 KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

16 Think to Yourself.esp

17 Francesco's 10 days respawn time - 1-20 day lenght rescale.esp

18 Character Gen. Better Lighting1.esp

19 SaddleBag_noMenu.esp

As for OMOD's sort order....

Oblivion.esm

Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm

Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm

Francesco's Optional New Creatures Add-On.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

300_Combat Sounds.esp

AmbientTownSounds.esp

ChaseCameraMod.esp

TryBeforeYouBuy.esp

EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

Francesco's Optional Files.esp

The Duelists.esp

phinix_portable_tent.esp

EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp

Oblivifall - Ambiant Dungeon SFX.esp

Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

Beautiful People.esp

EVE_KhajiitFix.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

Think to Yourself.esp

Francesco's 10 days respawn time - 1-20 day lenght rescale.esp

Character Gen. Better Lighting1.esp

SaddleBag_noMenu.esp

Bright and early Thursday morning... and I think I've figured out *where* the problem is with OBSE, though I still don't know what to do to fix it. I think it has to do with modifying the video settings from the default. Here's what I did to recreate the problem on a fresh install.....

This morning I uninstalled Oblivion. Renamed the ob/Data folder (with all the left over mods), and renamed the "Oblivion" directory in my Documents folder. Then I reinstalled Ob + SI + 1.2.0416 patch + BAIN + BOSS + OBMM onto a different hard drive partition. Then I installed OBSE_20 and OBGEv3 (per your TomLong's earlier instructions).

Then I launched Ob from the "obse_launcher.exe". It went to the main menu fine, no map-loop problem. I exited and tried again. Still working.

Then I launched Ob again, this time starting a new game. All working fine. I quickly picked my character, exited into the world, made my necessary "video" changes from the options menu, again... all working fine. I saved the game, exited, then restarted..... then the map loop struck again! I tried launching the game a couple more times, still the map loop.

Then I renamed the "Oblivion" directory and launched the game (again through the OBSE loader). This time it worked! Instead of starting a new game I configured my video options. Then exited the main menu back to the Windows. Tried to launch Ob again... went right into the map loop problem.

So apparently it has to do with the video settings or something that happens when the video settings are altered from the default.

Edited by toastysquirrel

Wow, I'm confused... Don't use Bash and OBMM to control your load order. You'll just end up messing it up randomly. In OBMM's settings you can check don't modify the load order or something like that. Check it. In Bash, right-click on the 'File' header and choose 'Lock Times'. That will prevent other programs from messing with your load order (which often happens when you install mods through OBMM).

Secondly, your install order and your load order are very, very different. Package order in BAIN is install order. Just, don't confuse those concepts. It won't help anyone.

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp <-- contained in the UOP, remove it

I don't know what OBMM's sort order thing is, but it doesn't sound useful...

How are you changing your video setting? It is really weird for changing something there to cause a hang. What are you changing specifically? That sound really odd...

--Tomlong54210