NCR ranger combat armor

Slstoev

It would have to be created from scratch if it was to be released, since it cant be ported from NV then distributed as it breaks copyright.

See http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/377405-porting-content-from-other-games/ for more details.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Umm the link is dead.

:wallbash: It got removed, Probably got a strike against my account aswell who knows. I'm assuming the textures were too similar to the original . Even though I clearly stated they were custom textured that followed the originals. I was pretty annoyed that it was just immediately removed as well because I have the psd files that show how the texture was made from scratch. Plus I don't understand how uploading that same .dds file to NewvegasNexus where people can download it and use it in fallout 3 is ok and uploading same file to fallout3nexus is a no-no. Copyright law isn't the most clear at times. The original file was set in a high layer with low opacity. I created a brush from the orignals and used it to paint a new texture with higher resolution. While at the same time not painting in the bear and lapd signs. Then I used the match color command in the edit tab. The rest of the things were edited in afterwards and the orignal blurry layer was disabled. So yeah if bethesda decided to use it in a new vegas patch (hypothetically) I wouldn't have let them because it was my work and not theirs. I can't be bothered with all these touchy subjects. So yeah I'm not even going to touch new vegas again. I have much more to lose in trying to help out other people than I do just being selfish and keeping them to myself. And I won't be releasing the esp standalone until I get a reply from a mod saying that it is ok.

So that's the story for those who're interested.