Need OBSE in OBMM (Steam)

legba11

Forgive me if I am screwing up all the acronyms, I am new to this.

I want to run a leveling mod, it required me to run OBSE.

Ok I downloaded that, copied the three .dll files to my oblivion directory as instructed.

I open OBMM, create an archive for Realistic Leveling.

I try to activate it and says I need OBSE.

I'm stuck as there is no way (as I see it) to run OBSE without lauching Oblivion through Steam.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you installed OBSE into the correct folder? it goes into the root oblivion folder that contains the oblivion.exe NOT data folder.

Are you sure you installed OBSE into the correct folder? it goes into the root oblivion folder that contains the oblivion.exe NOT data folder.

Yep, copied the three files into that folder. I have no idea how OBMM is supposed to know this as they seem completely seperate.

The instructions in OBSE's readme said for steam to just copy the 3 .dll files. I will reread it to confirm this.

"

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

"

Edited by legba11