Multiple GECK and ingame issues

Chrophiss

Hi,

ok so like the topic states i got some problems.

I recently moved over to a new pc and with it, i transfered my mod files aswell.

Steps i took:

1. i completely reinstalled FNV and downloaded the geck again.

2. Transfered saved games and (my own) mod files.

3. tested ingame -> fully functional. good, right? sure, but then the trouble starts...

4. Tried the GECK to continue with one of my vaults. Opened up the file, al works. made a few changes and decided to check it ingame.

5. start up fallout launcher (to check if my files were selected, they were) and launched the game.

6. when pressing "Continue game" i got the message "some content is no longer present, would you still like to continue?" (or something) --> Yes, would like to continue...

7. came ingame and typed: coc Colonynew (Colony being the name of the mod, duh)

But at this point the game doesnt react at all to the command. so i figured i'd try one of my other files to open ingame, did without a hitch!

When replacing my Colonynew file with the old version the game DID start the mod. Only once though, it no longer works either...

Strange thing is, GECK opens it normally, no problem.

Also, now when i try to create something new i cannot open those files either! Whats going on? What step did i miss this time around which i might have done before on my old pc?

I really dont want to start over from scratch with the vault because it was getting quite awesome in my opinion.... Any help?

thnx in advance!,

Chrophiss

I had a problem where I couldn't load my mods ingame, they were checked in the launcher/fomm but still wouldn't load. I found out it was because my GECK version was 1.4 and all mods made/modified in GECK 1.4 need Fallout New Vegas 1.3 or above (I think) to load. I fixed this by redownloading GECK 1.1 from the official website: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/geck.html

Unfortunately, any mod you've made/modified in a newer version of GECK won't work in the older version of the GECK.

Basically what I'm saying is: Is your Fallout New Vegas patched to the latest patch?

Also, is your GECK version 1.4?

Hope this helps,

Omegaspectre

hmm that could be it... i got the geck 1.4 i think. but i also believe i have the latest patch... honest hearts had the latest didnt it?

if not then where can i get it? or is it better to downgrade my geck?

thnx for your reply!

Hmm, honest hearts might have it, I don't have honest hearts so I can't be sure. In my opinion I would say downgrade the GECK, so you can be sure of compatibility with all your mods :)

Omegaspectre

Allright, tried replacing my geck completely, removed all geckfiles in the FNV map at my documents. then replacing with a fresh GECK 1.1 download.

PROBLEM: When trying to load the data i can check the FNV master files and the other but when i press OK it doesnt load, the box at the bottom of the screen says "Done" but nothing happened....

So i figured my faullout was just being spoiled, did a clean install and put all my mods back (including GECK 1,1) then tried it again. same problem.

i place geck 1.4 back instead and it loads the files just fine. yet ingame no luck. What is going on here? Did i screw up my game AND my geckstuff? :S getting desperate here...