what new mods can we expect from the creation kit?

atm1089

New quests, animations, and attention to detail is all doable with the creation kit to my limited understanding. People are about to cook up some insane stuff man. It's Christmas for Fallout 4. For example, we haven't seen a smoke cigarettes mod yet. Now it will be possible to click on a cigarette in your inventory and trigger the cigarette smoking animation. Stuff like that. A lot more immersion. Or perhaps something like frostfall from Skyrim. Alternate start mods. New voice over mods to replace the character voice. Epic quests with fully voiced characters. The list goes on and on. Before now you could only do simpler things due to the complex layout and encryption of the game files. Now talented modders will have a much needed tool to bring their grand visions of the game world to life. Vanilla Fallout 4 is already retarded fun imo. Now it's going to get even better. Just think of how much better Skyrim, New Vegas, and F3 were with mods. They flesh out the game to a scale not realistically achievable by a game studio. Our Lord Todd Howard knows this and is going to the next level to support these mods for everyone. You will be able to download mods and play them mid game eventually like Garry's Mod. I'm balls to the wall ecstatic for this stuff. A lot of peeps are. By the time all the DLC is released and the mod community has had a year or two with the Creation Kit, it will be a whole new game.

Edited by agent00228

Basically, the CK is the one tool that can be used to make quest mods, or anything involving dialogue. It also allows to create new worldspaces or edit existing ones, so you can expect player homes and dungeons, mods that add new elements into the world, etc. There is much more to be done by people who will use the tools in creative new ways, but that's basically the main uses it has.

i cant wait. i thought we would have insane stuff right now. i might even attempt to get into animations and models and stuff.

Go for it man. There will be tutorials and the like on YouTube soon for F4. It's still hard work, but anything awesome is hard to achieve. Come up with a vision and run with it! It also helps if you can get other modders on board to lighten the load and add their creative input. All of this stuff is so cool for the future of gaming. It brings endless amounts of free high quality content thanks to the fans who chose to go that extra mile.

i cant wait. i thought we would have insane stuff right now. i might even attempt to get into animations and models and stuff.

Go for it man. There will be tutorials and the like on YouTube soon for F4. It's still hard work, but anything awesome is hard to achieve. Come up with a vision and run with it! It also helps if you can get other modders on board to lighten the load and add their creative input. All of this stuff is so cool for the future of gaming. It brings endless amounts of free high quality content thanks to the fans who chose to go that extra mile.

I would focus on cool guns no one really knows about and animations for rifles. if I actually get to it.

Edited by atm1089