Troupes

AtlasS

I'm actually working on another companion (and maybe a DIY companion template, we'll see) and about three other projects, but if you want some step-by-steps on how to do triggers, I can probably give you some tips. God knows I screwed it up majorly the first time; at this point, I have a much better understanding of how to handle triggers a bit better.

I'd suggest doing one single bard or minstrel at a time-- that way, it'll be easier to fix things when they inevitably go wrong, as they almost certainly will. :biggrin: I think it was David Brasher who said something like "when people say they're doing a final release of a mod, what they mean is they haven't found any new bugs yet".

In my experience-- which isn't all that wide!-- it's both harder & easier than you'd think. The hard part, for me, comes to coming up with a plan and then sticking to it, rather than adding on new bits and pieces. That's why I suggest putting together one single bard in one city, and then adding on from there.

I'm not at my gaming system at the moment, but later on I can pull a few examples of scripts I've used that more or less work, & post them here. I've used triggers & say/sayto a LOT. :)

I still think adding a song performance to Elragail is a good start :)

She frequently visits the Tiber Septim, which has a large area for people to congregate and act as an audience. At a specific time, adding a script to move her to the end furthest from the door, stand at the foot of the stairs, pull out her instrument and sing a folk song would be in keeping with her profession, and would prove out many of the functions of your mod before trying to create a whole new character and guide them around Cyrodiil.

Once that set of functions work, then a performance in public - maybe in the Arboretum - and attracting an audience would be a logical next step. The Estrus mod has a "make the crowd gather and watch" functionality built in, so seeing how it is done there would be a good step.

after experiencing some glitches with CURP and the dependant mods im reinstalling oblivion.

Once it is done however I will look at equipping Elragail with a animated lute i found and give her a script to play it, there will be no official release of this proof of concept as i would need the creator of the lutes permission