Diner Textures

DustinMuyo

I know this is kind of an obscure question but does anyone know if there's any mods on the nexus that affect the textures in diners? I've been able to "upgrade" mostly everything else with better textures, but the diner interiors are the only thing that is still muddy =/ I've looked through all the models and textures files but didn't see anything, possibly I missed something? Thank you for any help in advance! I'm currently using Grafix Texture Overhaul, which does a great job on just about everything, but didn't affect the diners for me. (Just to clarify the ones I'm referring to are the ones that have no loading screen, like the Drumlin Diner, and that other one by Cambridge. It seems as if all the metal is blurry that makes up the walls on the inside.)

Edited by DustinMuyo

• 1 year later...

I'm also annoyed by the very poor diner textures (they look blurrier than any other vanilla texture and don't seem to have enough resolution for what they're used on). Have you found a custom texture? I'm wondering if Bethesdas's High Resolution Texture Pack has a better diner texture, I can't use it because it wouldn't fit on my SSD. If Bethesda's upgraded the diner textures then I believe it's possible to extract the .ba2 file from Bethesda's Texture Pack and it's diner texutre in the loose files texture folder.

Yes, the diner textures are dreadful. I've extracted the diner and diner booth textures from the Bethesda HD pack and use them on their own. Definitely a step up. When extracting files from the HD pack, make sure you get the normal and specular maps as well...they make a big difference.

Have yet to see any other replacements but the Valius texture set had some beautiful textures for diner counters.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/318