Going to make a motorcycle mod.

Fragilicious

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Apologies, I've been neck deep in work recently and have made no progress whatsoever. Best I have currently is

"I think I know how horses work in skyrim, so I'm going to see if I can replicate the process in FO4"

Still learning, thanks for the patience.

This is going to be awesome. Best of luck to you.

Er- NO, no element of the FO4 engine makes for working vehicles that move anything other than like the player camera view, or the dragon (er, vertibird that simply uses the dragon code).

There's no progress because there can be no progress on the only element of a motorcycle mod that matters (clue, that aint the sound or the mesh).

The wonderful working carriage for Skyrim, based on a FAILED attempt by official Beth coders to make the function in the first place, has god-awful movement. Skyrim horses are pretty damned terrible (compare with Witcher 3).

Beth wanted constructable vehicles for FO4, but found the rotten engine has totally the wrong approach to land data to allow this in any acceptable way.

This is going to be awesome. Best of luck to you.

Er- NO, no element of the FO4 engine makes for working vehicles that move anything other than like the player camera view, or the dragon (er, vertibird that simply uses the dragon code).

There's no progress because there can be no progress on the only element of a motorcycle mod that matters (clue, that aint the sound or the mesh).

The wonderful working carriage for Skyrim, based on a FAILED attempt by official Beth coders to make the function in the first place, has god-awful movement. Skyrim horses are pretty damned terrible (compare with Witcher 3).

Beth wanted constructable vehicles for FO4, but found the rotten engine has totally the wrong approach to land data to allow this in any acceptable way.

*watches his dreams shatter and flutter away, grabs his gun and shoots at them.

​-Well... We've seen it happen before. So we shouldn't give up. (I am not even adding "yet").

I wish you the best of luck and really hope this project comes through.

Even if the bike doesn't go any faster than sprinting speed due to the game cells thing, I would love it. It makes me sad seeing all the bikes out in the commonweath because I can't drag them back to a settlement, fix them up, drop in a fusion core, and take them for a spin.

Ok, so first problem resolved. I now am able to access the creation kit. I've taken a look around which has resulted in a smaller plan to start off with:

• Using the 'Lone Wanderer' model, create a motorbike mod that is purely functional. No animations, just able to move.

So here is where I would like some expertise in the CK if anyone is willing. It seems the easiest way to go about this is to create the bike as a creature (much like skyrim horses), however does anyone know how to disable any AI scripts that come as default for creatures? For instance, how would I stop the bike from autonomously attacking nearby enemies?

More questions to follow I'm sure, and thanks in advance.