Going to make a motorcycle mod.

Fragilicious

i wouldn't know how to do this as i am not experianced with the creation kit, but setting it to a faction that doesn't aggro against anything or setting it to not aggro at all seems a goodplace to start-
i believe you should also be able to remove or stop its movement scripts and force it to stay still that way, only moving when the player controls it.

there may be a skyrim mod although i haven't looked into it that prevents horses from moving and that would likely give you some insight

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the best bet here is to do it like power armor.

When you are not in it, it is furniture. When you are, you are an addon and it forces the screen to move (or however it was described). Just give it a boost to the movement speed, about as fast as it will go without the cells bugging out, and voila! Motorcycle.

Of course, it isn't as simple as that, but...

*shrug*

One more totally different idea to throw in the pot.

What about making it a piece of clothing? Like a chest armor for example.

Then your big trick is to get the the player in a crouch animation and keep them there?

**EDIT**

Or what if it was a terminal?

The terminal has a .nif you could use, and controls already set up for the player to 'path to terminal' and sit down at it.

Edited by MasterMagnus

Using a terminal seems perfect to me. The mortorcycle in the world is a terminal you can click to 'sit on' and bring up a menu.

With a menu open, you can put a 'Start engine' or something command.

And right there in the fragment put code to 'unlock' the character movement and close the terminal display but leave the player sitting.

Possibly tricky with code to 'leave the motorcycle in a new location' when you get off.

It seems a lot of functionality is there already. Like power armor that was mentioned.

Power armor is still probably the better choice because you can 'work' on it, repair, paint, modify, which would be awesome to do with the motorcycle too.

Hmm, may be worth looking into the power armour idea. The animations are going to be easy (though the models are proving difficult). Anchoring to a position is pretty much already taken care of. However I am concerned about hearing cells bug out from speed. Does anyone know what the actual speed is? I mean Vertibirds go quite fast after all.

Really, if you can get PA to work, it has the best chance of becoming a framework for a whole new vehicle system in Fallout. Because it is modular.

You make the frame. This controls the animations and movement, and is your basic furniture.

Then you add parts or weapons.

Really, at that point you have a system where you can find frames and parts and build what you'd like within the modular system, and people can mod on top of that framework to create new vehicles from there. Want a truck? Here's a frame and parts where you can find them in the Commonwealth. How about a fixed up Fusion Flea? Here's the frame. Have at. You don't want to use the Lone Wanderer motorcycle? Okay. Well, here's the original frame and some new Harley parts.

Mashups become plausible options, too.

Really, it's like Automatron for vehicles.

IF you can get it working that way.

Edited by Flowerguy360

There is something that my old fencing teacher would say. He would say "Grow <add comparitive> or suffer".

I couldn't lift the shield "Grow stronger or suffer"

I couldn't parry the blow "Grow faster or suffer"

You get the idea. If I'm not up to the challenge, then I will get better. Time is not an issue for me, even if this takes a year.

Edited by Fragilicious

Synth Sean wished today that he could drive a vehicle, honestly. Make Synth Sean's wish come through!

Wheels work at least. A wheeled robot is as easy as using the workshop. One thing I'd like to know is why the vehicle mods work in Fallout: New Vegas worked decently, a bit like Vertibirds, and so hard with FO4.

Anyhow, do it for Syth Sean!

• 2 weeks later...