Will Deus Ex: Human Revolution be worth getting?

SpellAndShield

From what I've seen and had the chance to play at a friend's house(had the leaked beta) the game kicks ass. The story is pretty in-depth and game mechanics are good. The freedom of choice is a lot like Mass Effect's systems. If you like shooters/stealth games and RPG's, you'll probly love it. I already have a preorder put in for my copy :) Edited by tkdmaster

If I had the money, I'd definatelly buy it. But I guess that in what comes to gaming, Skyrim and BF3 are more of a priority. If it is indeed a true sequel to the first game, it'll be with a doubt a very nice game. :thumbsup: Edited by Yoshh

• 4 weeks later...

A warning for anyone pre-ordered the game from amazon.co.uk or another UK based store but does not actually live in the UK: You are being screwed over with a region lock, and have to cancel the pre-order because you won't be able to activate the game on Steam.

Seriously, f*** them. I had this thing pre-ordered since December 2010 and now less than 2 weeks before the release I'm forced to cancel it because I live in Europe! :wallbash:

Region lock removed!

They listened! Again! :dance:

That's a smart thing to do straight after most people started cancelling their preorders. Can't believe they were stupid enough to pull the region-lock thing in the first place. What were they expecting was going to happen if they made that known only a week before release, when the game has been up for preorder for months already?

Region lock removed!

They listened! Again! :dance:

That's a smart thing to do straight after most people started cancelling their preorders. Can't believe they were stupid enough to pull the region-lock thing in the first place. What were they expecting was going to happen if they made that known only a week before release, when the game has been up for preorder for months already?

Yeah the whole thing is pretty odd. I wonder if the real reason is that their lawyers said it wasn't allowed. :P

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/19/region-locking-we-talk-to-a-lawyer/