Having trouble getting mods to work(NOT A NEWBIE!)

oblivionkid88

Not being arrogant/cocky, but please don't post how to install the mods, because I've been doing it for 3 years :D

1)Extract to temporary folder.

2)Copy to data folder.

3)Tick in Mod manager.

Ok, so I just installed oblivion on my pc. It works fine and all, but I hate the dungeon bit at the beginning, so I downloaded Alternate Start - Arrive by Ship. I have used this mod on two PCs before, and it has worked just dandy.

I spawned in the dungeon -_-

So I said meh, maybe a faulty version, so I coc'd to the imperial marketplace, and installed a mod which puts a button which gives you cash I used once. It didn't appear. :/

If this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry, I'm new here.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Yes, first time on this pc.

It's not patched at all, and I can't patch it.

It's pirated. Torrented. I'm not going to lie, I know it's illegal but I already paid for it at my local game store, and I lost it. I'm not prepared to buy it twice.

Anyway :D, I downloaded the patch and it comes up with a message saying that the old file is not there, but there is a file with the same name :/

Also:

"On the PC, if you get an error message about "Old file not found", first check that you downloaded the correct version of the patch (Shivering Isles and vanilla Oblivion have two different patches) or the correct English patch version. European and Australian discs have a different patch than North America game disc. The other reason for this error message is that you previously installed one of the Shivering Isles beta patches. Any PC users who installed the first Shivering Isles beta patch (version 1.2.0410) need to uninstall and reinstall Oblivion in order to install the final version of this patch. This problem also occurs if you are using the Direct2Drive version of Shivering Isles as the current patch is not compatible with it. PC users who installed the second beta patch (Version 1.2.0416) do not actually need to install the final patch, because other than the download file name it is identical to the beta patch."

-http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Patch#Known_Issues-