file is there but isent?

I used to have Oblivion and the crunstruction kit b4 but had to get rid of space. but space isent an issue now so i got it back. I installed everything fine, but when i save my mod it dosent show up in the data folder, but its there... Where i use Start>Search and use show file location it says its in the data folder. So i did the obvious changed the folder options to show hidden files. didnt show up. I can edit in the kit fine game finds it. but the files not there. Did i miss a installaton step of sumthing. maybee sumthing im susposed to unpack?

ty for your time i hope you can help me

nvm i figured it out they were being moved to a virtual storage. a 7 thing i assume also just wondered that the ESMs and th oblivion files icons are the icon for choosing what program is used to run this with a little golden lock. The esm has the lock but the oblivion master file dosent is this normal i dont remember it like that Edited by OverlordDread

Suggestion - move the whole kit and caboodle from c:\Program files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion to c:\Games\Oblivion (Guide HERE). that will stop Windows assuming everything you do is a virus attack and preventing it.

Uninstall and reinstall any modding utilities , ideally in the same Games directory, so that you can update those easily too.

Then try everything again. It should have lost all the "virtual" bugs