Envrioment mods

SacredLotus

Which enviroment do you prefer?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What weather type do you prefer the most ingame?

• Typical summer / rainy (vanilla oblivion)
    • Winter wonderland (oblivion snow mod)
    • Something tropical or dark (etc mods)
    • Or a mix of all 3.

Hi,

Running a little poll on general opinion cause I'm wondering what everyone likes using when they take screenshots or play there character through out the game.

Just considering a new experience since vanilla is kinda get a bit blah. :hurr:

Cast your vote and if you want add a thread reply telling me why you like your setting of weather mod or scenery, and also offer some suggestions who knows

it just might be what I'm kinda looking for.

take care,

Sacred-lotus :D

I've voted for a mix, because depending where in Cyrodiil I am, all three should occur. The north should be snowy, the imperial city area should be rainy/sunny, and the deep south should be semi-tropical.

main reason I'm running poll is cause i am trying to find common place where it would be good for photo shoots.

my game is running in the vanilla settings right now no weather mods except enhanced water reflection. :ohdear:

downloaded cyrodil snow mod and a couple others i just can't pick :psyduck:

anyhow thanks for advise and keep them coming.

sincerely,

sacred-lotus

Edited by SacredLotus

As the aim is NOT to actually PLAY the game as such, what I would suggest is:

Grab mTES4 Manager from the nexus and clone your current Oblivion setup. That way you can carry on playing as well.

Stick on Better Cities, Unique Landscapes, some of the big expansion mods such as Elsweyr Anequinae which add vast new worldspaces.

Install Weather - All Natural

Install QTP3 and every other eye-candy mod you fancy trying out. Natural Vegetation is useful too. Some of the Night Sky replacers make gorgeous eye candy.

Wander around and check out the new scenery. Be prepared to use the kill command a lot in some areas as you may get such awful frame-rate droop that you HAVE to kill the swines before they get close.

Use one of the "add your own markers" map mods to set links to favourite locations.

And then screenshot away happily.

If you make a new clone after every mod you decide you want to keep, you can revert easily if you dislike a mod - just wipe it and re-clone.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

One thing that might help improve your framerate while still making the scenery during actual gameplay still nice:

Increase iMinGrassSize in the Oblivion.ini to something like 100 or 120, this will reduce the amount of grass while still preserving it.

Also, Oblivion Graphics Extender has a minimal impact on framerate but looks nice with the right settings (godrays are your friend).

All Natural and Enhanced Vegetation aren't particularly hard on the computer either from what I can tell.

QTP3 will certainly hurt your framerate, however.

Unique Landscapes adds SO MUCH eyecandy, too. However, some of the areas kill framerates (notably, the road area just southwest of Bravil), and the mod pack in general slows down load times because it contains so much. But really, UL adds TONS of screenshot-friendly spots, like a few clearings outside of the Imperial City with a statue, some flowers, and a few benches, or the cliffs and forts west of Chorrol that border Hammerfall.

On the subject of the poll, I voted jungle. I wish they had kept Cyrodiil a rainforest. Temperate forests are pretty but get tiresome, and I can't really stand snowy areas. One reason I like the Shivering Isles so much is because it brings back the Morrowind feel to its environment - swampy, full of alien but nice-looking features. I would LOVE to see a full-on rainforest in Oblivion.

Edited by rinoaff33

RAEVWD makes for awesome distant scenery, but causes a severe hit to framerate on older systems, especially if you use the imperial city plugin.

Weather - All Natural has a great variation of weather types. Also makes interior lighting change with time and weather.

AWLS - Window lights that go on and off, and smoking chimneys add to the scenery.

Thank you all for the kind comments and suggestions.

I'm going to try to get a image posted soon of what i did to game hopefully it comes out right. O.O

@ Evenstargw

Thanks for the suggestion considering it also but my system i dont know if it can handle vwd mods just have a simple tri core 2.5ghz and 4 gigs mem on a 9800 gt it runs oblivion for now no problem unless i enter a zone that some how overloads and brings me to 1 fps from 72-80.

@ MarkInMKUK

I'm already using the better cities pack by bannasplit. as for other mods i'm using obge v3 and a enhanced water mod shader that add 2480x2480 on reflections in hdr.

Will consider downloading some of the UL mods and see how it goes never actually considered it cause my old computer before this one when it was ran made it a living nightmare.

Anyhow good luck. :)

Again thank you all :D

Sacredlotus