xp to win 7

sha7mus

Hi there,Yes I know this sounds incredibly lazy-but after some 6 or so reinstalls over the years (most with full fcom & 200 or so mods) I was wondering if it was possible to move my old xp oblivion data files across to my forthcoming windows 7 system?My present set-up is fairly stable, I'll do it the hard way if need be but not looking forward to it!

Hi there,Yes I know this sounds incredibly lazy-but after some 6 or so reinstalls over the years (most with full fcom & 200 or so mods) I was wondering if it was possible to move my old xp oblivion data files across to my forthcoming windows 7 system?My present set-up is fairly stable, I'll do it the hard way if need be but not looking forward to it!

Yes, you can literally copy your Old Data folder on top of the Data folder on Windows 7, after installing and patching Oblivion. Move your save files, the Save folder, and Pluggy, if you use Pluggy, out of My Games\Oblivion, but leave everything else.

--Tomlong54210

There is the usual proviso on reinstalling Oblivion - regenerate the Oblivion.ini file to suit the new hardware. Also, any utility programs such as OBMM need to be installed on the new system.

What I meant was after you setup Oblivion, installing patches, utilities, etc. you can just copy your mods back on top of the freshly-installed setup, as I described in my last post.

Happy gaming!

--Tomlong54210

Edit: wording