Lightswitch script

Hey

Yep, everything in its proper folders and coc from load screen with no other mods loaded.

For some reason it seems the game isn't using any user mods ?? My mod doesnt have any scripts on it but when I try to put on on they dont work.

In your esp test I am able to see that the switches are set up just as mine were. I can set the enable marker to initially disabled and that turns your lights off initially, so the connection between marker and lights works. The animations and a sounds on most of the switches works too on activate, they just dont enable the markers on activate.

What I might try next is a total reset of game and ck. Delete everything, save my mod and yours and then re install the game then the ck, putting back the esps and scripts once the ck is back in.

Frustrating !!!

yeah that would be frustrating, you do seem to have something wierd going on, not sure what it could be if not another mod nor a currupt save. I've had a couple oddball things happen while I was building stuff but never anything weird with something as basic as this. I even have fallout installed in a alternate path rather then the default steam path so I know that wouldn't cause a issue either (have several drives setup for steam games). trying to think of anything I can to help you but i'm out of ideas at this point sorry :(

Hey, have just installed everything from scratch again. Had to move the ck from default install folder to the Fallout4 folder.

Tested again, just the light example you sent and no better !!!!!!!!!

Can you give me the exact file path to your user folder, where user scripts are stored. Its like the game is just ignoring any user scripts.

Thanks

daisy

Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\ is the path to fallout on my system, under that folder the paths are as I discribed above

Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\data\Scripts\Source\User

esp goes in data, pex goes in scripts, psc goes in User

the User folder is just for the scripts so you can see the source in ck

Sounds like you need to get some help in the trouble shooting forums, custom ini files? maybe something in them is turning scripting off?

Only system I know that ignores user scripts is the PS4, good ol' paranoid sony.

OK thanks. Looks like everything is where is supposed to be.

I will post a question on the support forums and see if anyone else has had the same drama.

Thanks very much ! My mod is a big vault with an attached quest and I reckon a guy called Caleb might be in there somewhere !

Here is a screenshot of one part of the vault.

Thanks again !

looks pretty cool :) hope you get the issue resolved one would think its probably something simple (like a ini setting)

did you know there is a Caleb in the game already? I ran into that and was like "ha cool" the world could use a few more though, like art! (don't know if you've met him)