What do we have in store?

UtopianOne

While many of you were excited to get a feel for the new CK, my excitement was on what the mod authors were undoubtedly already working on. Mod authors that made New Vegas a game I could sink hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs into without a single moment of boredom.

What I'd really love to know is, what do the nexus' heavy hitting mod authors currently have in the works? Are there any confirmed projects?

Most mod Authors keep there mouth shut about unfinished projects.

Modder: "I plan to make mod X that has Features Y and Z"

User A: "Yay, I can't await being able to do Z"

(Couple of days/weeks later)

Modder: "I'm sorry, but because of Reason B I can't implement Feature Z, so I have to drop it"

User A: "But you promised us feature Z, I demand that you implement it"

Modder: "I never promised it and I simply can't because Reson B"

User A: "You are the worst Modder ever, you should never have rpomised Feature Z, if you are to stupid to do it. I will report this file because of false promises."

Modder: "*sigh*"

<a few month later>

User B: "Hey, whatever happened to Feature Z. You promised this month ago, and it still isn't there. Why don't you give us what you promised us."

User C: "Yeah, remember you promised us to give us Feature Z! That's really unfair."

User D: "I will never ever use one of your mods again. You are a terrible modder!"

Versus:

Modder: "Hey, I just released Mod X with Feature Y"

User A: "Yay! Do you think you could add Feature Z?"

Modder: "Sorry, that doesn't work because of Reason B"

User A: "Awww, to bad, that'd be really cool, but I guess you can't help it"

I'm not really a "heavy hitter" but I've been modding Beth games since Oblivion. I'm working on a large quest mod, but don't expect it to be finished anytime soon, if ever. I'm doing this for my own amusement after all

User A: "You are the worst Modder ever, you should never have rpomised Feature Z, if you are to stupid to do it. I will report this file because of false promises."

User D: "I will never ever use one of your mods again. You are a terrible modder!"

I sometimes wonder if the function that blocks specific users from downloading your files was made for situations like this.

Well I am not a "heavy hitting mod author" I do have a few reasonable sized mods planned for the future if all goes to plan, the current mod that I am working on is making the messy old hidden room on the roof of Diamond city (can see a picture of the original room here: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OUpvOCo5t6k/hqdefault.jpg) into a nice and pretty player house. The other mod I have planned is to fix the walls of Castle/Fort Independence and make it look pretty but it will take some time as I will need to adjust the wall models to get it all working.