Creepy Mannequin Update [Weeping Angel mechanics]

reelo2228

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this - I had this idea the other day, and thought it was so unique no-one else would ever think of it. I guess not, eh? LOL

The mannequins as 'weeping angels' is PERFECT (because we don't even have to animate them!) If my modding skills were better (as in, "if I had ANY skill at all") I'd love to bring a bunch of Whovian elements into FO4 (the 'interior cell' system is ideal for a Tardis... hell, the game does this anyway with a few locales that make little sense when viewed from the outside). The time-travel part is out (although I actually have one idea for a fun little "oh crap!" moment), but a Tardis could easily work like some of the other mobile-player-home mods I've seen.

And just repaint the Zetans a pasty/sickly white for The Silence. After all, everyone forgets about them right after seeing them anyway, so no lore changes needed. LOL

Just put them in little suits... hmmmm... THAT might not be beyond my meager skills...

Anyhow, I hope this isn't another dead project, because the mannequins are already creepy AF in FO, and I've always wanted to see the lore of them extended using some of the theories about them (that they are actually equipped with cameras and are used by the Institute/Enclave/etc to spy on everyone else). A weeping angels conversion would be perfect for them (just thinking about that one synth hiding among the mannequins at that theater).

Have you considered just making a mannequin-skin for synths? That might work if you wanted to animate them; in other words, most of the time they would behave exactly like the WA, but if 'caught' moving, they would animate and become synth-like (like that one synth I just mentioned). I wonder if you could just apply the mannequin-skin to a synth as-is? Might look a bit funky, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

• 2 years later...

Also totally going to bump this. Ive thought about this type of mod alot but have no skill in modding at all. If you aren't doing this someone else who was offering code should instant front of nexus probably some articles written about it and ofc itd be amazing for a horror playthrough