BA2 archives for ESP

caseter6

So for one of the mods I am working on I used GECK to create ba2 archive files for textures and other assets and it ended up creating two separate ba2 files (one for meshes+materials and another for textures), now I assumed that was it but after testing stuff I realized that unless the non-archived files are present they will not load in-game, is there anything I can do to fix this issue because I want to make the installation of my mod as easy as possible thus want to use ba2 files.

The game will load two BA2 archives named like this only (yes it is hardcoded)

YourMod - Main.ba2

YourMod - Textures.ba2

Thanks for your help.

Why would you go about it this way? You're going about it in a very clumsy way. I'm not aware of anyone who decided to repack a mod as a bethesda archive file.

Packing mod assets such as models and textures into a ba2 file is much better and not clumsy, primarily it keeps the mod files cleaner but it makes it much simpler for those inexperienced with installing mods understand what to do much easier than dropping in like 50 files. Doing this is quite common so I have no idea what your on about.

Wait, are you making ba2's from scratch or was your plan to integrate it into something like meshes.ba2

I am making the .ba2 files using GECK to put all of my textures, meshes and materials into it so from scratch, it makes it cleaner for people to install and uninstall.

Edited by caseter6