Oblivion-Mods: Looking for and requesting.

Meyfei

Hello, I'm Meyfei, i am still pretty new here but i have been downloading a lot of mods and finally got a bunch working, as for forum activity, i guess you could say i just joined the arena.

A little about myself in modding: I've barely gotten far through the main story, this is my first oblivion game, and i'm unaware of most of the games standard content. The mod tools i have are BOSS and OBMM, also i am using the steams "game of the year" version of Oblivion. As for making mods, i've no skill what so ever, sadly i dont even have any art talent, but often come up with some decent idea's that i cant express. Such a pity. I Always Play Female Characters

I've finished reading the "Before you Post" sticky, someone said that mod-makers can be very busy with other mods, i'd like to add that life, schooling, work, and other projects can take of that time too, so if need be i can wait, i'm only writing my "requests/looking for" below, so i'm in no hurry.

I would like to ask if anyone knows of some weapon and armor mods that are not too "mature", *overpowered*, and can be found throughout the game in *chests/shops*

Some quests that are medium, long, or "will it ever end" in length, again with no Overpowered weapons, Though overpowered spawns are perfectly fine, know of any large firey dragons?

Some nice clothing, i couldnt find anything appealing when i searched, except for http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5198 (Dwemer Spectacles)

EDIT Is there any mods that can make it easier to set weapons and armor on display? I've had an awful time trying to set a dwarven Helmet on a table facing me, and standing up.

Any kinds of homes, preferrably medium/large building/shack with empty chests for storage, or with a few long halls with display caves small and large along the walls. I lilke to collect many weapons and armor.

I've done a lot of searching lately, i've always checked screenshots and read desciptions and comments before trying any mods, though there are far too many mods for me to search alone.

The "request" is if the Mods are in anyway dificient, or not to my *standards* or are unavailable/not made.

The "looking for" is mainly asking if those who have found something they like could recommend it, not necessarily asking for people to search for me.

"bad"Standards: contains OP weapons/armor, too much 18+, if quest: requires me to kill Mainstream Quest NPC's, if Quest/Dungeon: takes the place of various city homes.

Chests/Shops: To be found out in the wilderness, or in random shops, not sitting on a monument in a garden, or in some Two-minute quest's chest

Overpowered: I am unsure what the standard games strongest weapon is, but i dont want to have "Easy" Access to something with 21 attack at lv10.

Edited by Meyfei

Before you do much modding, make sure your copy of Oblivion is installed away fronm the Program Files folder if you use Vista or Windows 7 - User Account Control is the kiss if death for mods.

There's a handy utility called mTES4 Manager which allows you to clone your Oblivion installation - ideal for trying out mods you may not like and then have the hassle of uninstalling - with mTES4 manager you just delete the copy with the unwanted mod and make another copy of your master installation.

As far as mods go, two of the best "big quest" mods are Lost Spires, and Integration: The Stranded Light. Neither gives you stupidly uber-weaponry, and both keep you occupied for ages.

And much of the stuff on THIS site is worth a look - all categorised.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13714 Ivellon is a good length quest with some cool stuff and such

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38563 Is my current home, two levels tons of chest and weapon racks to put all those cool items on.

I'm drawing a blank for a bunch of stuff and MarkInMKUK pretty much nailed the most important thing of all.

:D Thanks for the Quick responses, i'll check those out right away.

Oh yeah, im Using windows XP. I got a shortcut leading to my Data folder all setup on my desktop for easy access, so i dont have to look for Steam's Directory.

While searching up Lost Spires, i ended up in a site that listed a few quests and this one came up. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21176 (The Heart of the Dead) Second to Lost Spires

Here's that site for refference: http://www.listoid.com/list/145

Edited by Meyfei

For armor display I prefer using mannequins, namely Reznod's. They're portable and poseable so you can decorate your home with them. I also use the ArmoryLab mod which adds a display/garden/alchemy lab/etc area accessible from any of the player homes. It may be a bit overpowered for you though as it contains enchanting and spellmaking alters as well as high level alchemy equipment. Armorylab contains Reznod's mannequins already so only use one or the other, not both. Also I think they require OBSE, aka Oblivion Script Extender which can be found here.

For weapons and armor, I recommend Realswords. I'm not linking it because there are several mods to choose from, each adding special weapons designed for the different races. You can add all of them or just pick and choose. Search for 'realswords' and you'll find them easy enough. Andragorns armors are some of the nicest non-adult realistic armors I've found. Quality here is top-notch.

Shadowcrest is an amazing home that includes an interesting short quest and a lot of nice features such as cooking and bathing. You have to walk through to appreciate the decor. This is a professional looking home.

Good luck in your modding adventure.

RP