Looking for a crime mod...

eagledude4

I'm looking for a mod that basically cancels any crime detection from a different instance. For example, If I were stealing items from inside a house with no one inside, A soldier from outside would not psychically know that I was inside stealing. I didn't want this to be a request thread, I just want to know if there's something like this. I already have the "limit crime to 300ft" mod, but that still doesn't solve the issue..

I tried searching for"Thief" and "Crime" as keywords, but didn't come up with anything that I was looking for.

Edited by eagledude4

I've never experienced what you're describing. o_O

The only time a guard has ever followed me into a building is if someone watched me pick the lock and enter the building. Are you completely sure you aren't being seen entering the building?

The only time a guard has ever followed me into a building is if someone watched me pick the lock and enter the building. Are you completely sure you aren't being seen entering the building?

Oh I see. A guard probably watched me pick the lock of the building. But even so, If a guard were to see me break into the building, he should follow me in to arrest me as soon as possible, not as soon as I start looting.

Edited by eagledude4

I'm not sure actually. I don't remember the door being locked when I entered. But even so, If a guard were to see me break into the building, he should follow me in to arrest me as soon as possible, not as soon as I start looting. If the door wasn't locked on the other hand, I don't think it should matter if the guard seen me walk in or not.

Sometimes it takes the game AI longer to make a guard move to your position inside a building than expected due to the game unloading the exterior cell when you enter an interior cell. Make sure you're in sneak mode (crouched) and that no one sees you enter the building (the sneak icon is completely faded). Generally Oblivion marks crimes with a red icon instead of the default orangish color. Though, there are plenty of bugs in Oblivion, without the UOP, pertaining to objects that should be marked as a crime but aren't. Whether a door is locked or not you could be trespassing.

If you have Shivering Isles and are thinking about getting the UOP, make sure you get the USIP as well. And you may or may not want a few others that fall under the unofficial patch category.

Edited by MShoap13

They're a bit delayed, that's just the system.

If you pick a lock, and he spots you from 400 feet, you've got to account his reaction time PLUS the amount of time it takes him to carry his heavy armor clad butt down the street to bust in on you.

You may want to try "Reneer's Guard Overhaul", it improves Guard AI substantially, but make sure to IMPORT the actor AI scripts into your Wyre Bashed patch, otherwise you won't get all of the features, especially if your load list is super long.

Happy looting!

Thanks for all the feedback in such a short time.

Sometimes it takes the game AI longer to make a guard move to your position inside a building than expected due to the game unloading the exterior cell when you enter an interior cell. Make sure you're in sneak mode (crouched) and that no one sees you enter the building (the sneak icon is completely faded).

So your saying If I'm crouching, and the sneak icon becomes completely faded, I'm out of sight completely? I was also wondering if a guard has to be looking in your direction to actually "see you".

Generally Oblivion marks crimes with a red icon instead of the default orangish color. Though, there are plenty of bugs in Oblivion, without the UOP, pertaining to objects that should be marked as a crime but aren't. Whether a door is locked or not you could be trespassing.

If you have Shivering Isles and are thinking about getting the UOP, make sure you get the USIP as well. And you may or may not want a few others that fall under the unofficial patch category.

I have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, and Shivering Isles, but I'm not exactly sure what Shivering Isles is exactly. Is it just an area addon? or does it fix/improve on any features?

You may want to try "Reneer's Guard Overhaul", it improves Guard AI substantially, but make sure to IMPORT the actor AI scripts into your Wyre Bashed patch, otherwise you won't get all of the features, especially if your load list is super long.

I downloaded the mod and installed it with Oblivion Mod Manager, but I'm not sure what you mean by "IMPORT the actor AI scripts into your Wyre Bashed patch".

Edited by eagledude4

Thanks for all the feedback in such a short time.

So your saying If I'm crouching, and the sneak icon becomes completely faded, I'm out of sight completely? I was also wondering if a guard has to be looking in your direction to actually "see you".

It only fades to about 50% transparent, but yes. If you're sneak icon is faded no one sees you. However, summons, followers, deer in the woods, etc. can cause your sneak icon to report that you're seen (because they do technically see you) but they won't report you for crimes.

I have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, and Shivering Isles, but I'm not exactly sure what Shivering Isles is exactly. Is it just an area addon? or does it fix/improve on any features?

Shivering Isles is a huge addon area you access through the "Door in Niben Bay" quest. (It should automatically grant you this quest early on in your game). I personally feel it's best left alone until your character is level 20+ and you've done some extensive questing in Tamriel.

You may want to try "Reneer's Guard Overhaul", it improves Guard AI substantially,

Thanks for your suggestion, I downloaded it and will be testing its features :)

I use this mod, and agree it is much improved over the default AI for Oblivion guards. The only thing I don't like is guards run up to you if they see or hear you draw your weapon in town (whether you've committed a crime or not).

Irresponsible Horses is another simple mod involving stealing horses I would recommend.

Edited by MShoap13

Thanks for your suggestion, I downloaded it and will be testing its features :)

I actually changed my post to say:

I downloaded the mod and installed it with Oblivion Mod Manager, but I'm not sure what you mean by "IMPORT the actor AI scripts into your Wyre Bashed patch".

I'd appreciate some assistance with this.

Irresponsible Horses is another simple mod involving stealing horses I would recommend.

Thanks, I'll be using this as well :)

Edited by eagledude4