Fresh Install advise / Wyre Bash dilemma

crudius

Hi All,

Sorry if on wrong board.

Im about to do my first fresh install since starting to play Oblivion on p.c. I think i have ironed out a lot of my noob mistakes/experimenting and now have a pretty solid variety and number of mods...and really enjoying the world i have constructed.

I want to do a fresh install and use mTES4 to create a couple of clones for future experimenting/modding/over-hauls.

Im using OBMM/BOSS/OBSE as my main core tools and learned to use them through trial and error.

So im looking for advice and tips from the very helpful and knowledgable community :) I have seen and read some of the articles dotted around the web on the subject.....and if you want to post links,then post away, thanks.

My main questions/doubts revolve around WYRE BASH and should i? there seem to be just as many people wringing their hands in frustartion as people singing its virtues recently.

How easy would it be to recreate my current game? straightforward as i see it.....

Also, any suggestions of stuff i should consider/include as im about to start a clean slate.

My current load out main component mods, include

Better Cities

Oblivion XP

MMM

COBL

Supreme Magika

HGEC

Roberts

And lots of other little stuff.

Thanks for reading,

Crudius.

Edited by crudius

I'm currently starting a totally fresh install using Wrye Bash and BAIN rather than OBMM wherever possible.

OBMM should be used for Shaders, and any mod which adds files to the Oblivion directory rather than the Data directory. Everything else, I'm attempting to use BAIN.

Once you get it working - which is 99% doing what it says and not skipping steps, and 1% sticking to v291 on Windows 7, Wrye Bash is incredibly powerful. I'm certainly no expert, but I expect it to save me a lot of problems in the future.

Of course, converting mods from OBMM to BAIN format is just VERY tedious.