Changing an NPC's race in-game

ViralDust

Hi all.

I know what this may look like, but my problem isn't to do with mis-matched skins textures or people having purple skin or whatever.

Basically, another mod made Veronica set to "Can be all races" in FNVEdit, and now in my new file she's black/hispanic. I'm not racist, but I want her to be caucasian, and I don't know how to change her back.

I tried disabling the mod that did it, and I also got rid of the "Can be all races" flag in FNVEdit for that mod, but neither of those things worked.

I made an esp a while ago in GECK that changed her face, and she's still white in GECK, and in-game in an older file, but not in the file that I'm playing right now.

I've put a lot of work into getting my game working because I have had problem after problem, but I have not played more than a few hours in the last several months because of crap like this.

So my question is...

TLDR

I'm looking for a way to use the console in-game to set her race back to caucasian, since doing stuff outside in GECK isn't working. If there is another way, please let me know.

Thanks.

Leave the 'can be all races' ticked.

In-game, hit the console key and click on Veronica so her RefId shows at the top of the screen. then type

matchrace 96bce <enter>

This will match her race to Boone, who is also Caucasian.

• 9 years later...

Leave the 'can be all races' ticked.

In-game, hit the console key and click on Veronica so her RefId shows at the top of the screen. then type

matchrace 96bce <enter>

This will match her race to Boone, who is also Caucasian.

Wow - this was the best!

Also works for player to correct race issues...