Wasteland Power Armour

steamtacular

So yeah this is an idea I throw out every now and then.

Wasteland/scrapyard power armour. A suit of power armour that looks like someone found it in a scrapyard and restored it to working condition using junks and bits of other power armour suits.

Something that actually fits a wandering mercenary/traveller/courier. A suit covered in pouches, bags, scrap metal, etc.

Every other PA suit I see on the Nexus is just too new and shiny, most of the retextures focus on making them look shinier and new. This bugs me, its 200 years after the war remember.

Anyone willing to give this a shot?

So yeah this is an idea I throw out every now and then.

Wasteland/scrapyard power armour. A suit of power armour that looks like someone found it in a scrapyard and restored it to working condition using junks and bits of other power armour suits.

Something that actually fits a wandering mercenary/traveller/courier. A suit covered in pouches, bags, scrap metal, etc.

Every other PA suit I see on the Nexus is just too new and shiny, most of the retextures focus on making them look shinier and new. This bugs me, its 200 years after the war remember.

Anyone willing to give this a shot?

Courier Power Armor http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36947 . Made to be rusty and old looking. If this isn't want you want, you might want to look for a picture similar to what your looking for. Also type in Midwestern or Tactic under armor in the mod search. It is power armor that is kind of beat up. I remember there was a thread awhile ago that had tons of power armor drawings people had done. It was called power armor ideas or something like that.

Yeah problem with that armour is the textures look pretty sloppy. Plus a lack of pockets.

http://static03.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2011/04/Scrapiron2.jpeg

That sort of shows the overall feel. Just add bags.

Edited by steamtacular

I mean is it too much to want power armour that makes me look like a walking scrapyard

Actually, it may be. Making armor takes a lot of time. You have to model it, rig it, texture it, and many other things. It takes hard work and lots of time. Modders may not want to make someone else something when they could make something they'd rather have. Plus bumping will not help. It will probably discourage people from making it for you.

@Steamtacular

I really like that pic you posted above. About the closest thing I see to it that is currently out there is the Courier Power Armor mod, which I know is not exactly what you are looking for. Or maybe the Boba Fett steampunk armor from the Rhyme Renegade mod, though it is pretty much a Star Wars thing, not really courier related. It does have several bags and a grappling hook, which it could be possible to bring over into another armor set.

I'm working on teaching myself textures and model changes in the Geck. I've had a little luck placing the CPA texture onto Ashur's model from the Pitt, and I think it looks alright. There are some pics I posted in the user-upload section of the Courier 6 Power Armor mod. I'm hoping to add either the raider painspike or raider blastermaster pauldron to the right shoulder (keeping ashur's brahmin skull for the left). I'm also trying to add a kama (short waistcoat) to the suit, similar to the fiendish power armors.

I have also been working on a playable Stop Sign Shield, similar to what the Nightkin use, but since it is modeled for a nightkin, it is a bit too large for even a power armored human. I actually have that mod finished as an armor addon with light def stats, but until I find a way to reduce the objects size (which I know exists in the Geck, I just can't find it anywhere) I won't release it.

Another option is the raider blastmaster right forearm, which is a welding mask. I have applied it to a set of power armor before (helped covering a glitch from the cyberarm mod) and I could look at adding that as well.

I have no real knowledge of creating models or textures from scratch, so most of the stuff I am doing uses things that already exist either in the FO3, FNV, DLCs, or on the Nexus.

Take a look around the various armor mods, and try to pick specific items you'd like to see on the armor, and I'll see what I can come up with. You can reach me in this thread (or your other thread) or by PM.

EDIT: You can also try looking through this thread for inspiration, though I personally won't be able to help with anything that doesn't already have existing resources in FO3 or FNV.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/262009-power-armor-inspiration/

Edited by Befo