MarkInMKUK

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which installers do you use? Tick all which apply

• Manual install
    • OMOD
    • BAIN
    • Self-installing (exe)
    • Mod? I don't mod!

I've finally bitten the bullet, and am attempting to do a full reinstall of Oblivion using as many BAIN files, and as few others, as possible. I'll be publishing a stage-by-stage list of what I do and in what order, so people can learn from my (hopeful) success), and avoid any pitfalls I hit.

Without further ado - Day 1 - with swearing edited out.

System: AMD Athlon dual core 3GHz, nVidia FX1700 workstation graphics card, Windows 7 Ultimate edition (32 bit), 2GB RAM.

Blow dust off my Oblivion DVD cover (I'm going to need the Shivering Isles disk which is stored there)

Find the backup folder with my DLC modules on my spare CD.

Work through Bben46's uninstall procedure and clear up the registry.

1. Install Oblivion (GOTY edition, from DVD). Install to C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion to avout UAC problems.

2. Install Shivering Isles / Knights of the Nine.

(Note - check whether it is possible to extract them to different places and install as mods rather than from disk - might make patching less annoying if I can pre-patch the addons)

3. Run Oblivion, set graphics res, and exit - to check patched to 1.2.0416 and to make ini file.

4. Install BOSS v1.8

5. Install Wrye Bash v291

6. Install OBMM

I am intending to make the DLC modules into individual "standard" mods with the relevant SM Refurbish esp attached, so if I want to uninstall one I don't have to play about with child esps. Hence the next couple of stages...

7. Extract the files from the official DLC installers to separate sub directories, and clean them with TES4Edit. Clean Knights.esp.

8. Download SM Refurbish and extract the individual esp files to the matching subdirectories. Make dummy subdirectories for Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.

9. Create Simple BAIN files for each DLC, and the two extra plugins.

10. Copy BAIN files to ../Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers

11. Select each in turn, beginning with Shivering Isles, then Knights of the Nine, right-click and install.

12. Download OBSE v20. Create OMOD installer. Install with OBMM.

13. Download Fast Exit and weOCPS. Create OMODs and install with OBMM. (Yes, maybe BAIN would work - but OBMM won on sheer ease that time)

14. Download Unofficial Oblivion Patch v3.2.0. Delete the UOP Vampire Face Fix esp - going to use Bashed Patch options for that.

15. Create simple BAIN file for UOP, and install.

16. Download Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch v1.4.0.

17. Create simple BAIN file for UOSP, and install.

18. Download Unofficial Official Mods Patch v15. Delete Thieves Den SSSB patch on advice from BOSS.

19. Create simple BAIN file for UOMP, and install.

20. Download Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplementals v3.3.6.

21. Create simple BAIN file for UOPS, and install.

So far, so good. Next batch will be adding in my startup realism mods - Cava Obscura, droppable torches, etc.

Edited by MarkInMKUK