Playable Characters

OlmStranger

I have seen to much Human like Race mods on the internett people and allmost none real Anthropomorphic Beast race on hole internett

Maybe i have searshed on wrong places on the sites but i wish it was more Beast Like Races Mods To download

And Human Like Races is Too Bring to play with I'm sorry to say it and Beast rases is more difficult to play as too and it's more fun too

You need to keep in mind the simple game engine limitation fact that there's "1" single body for "all" races. They all share the same by design and it can't be changed by a simple setting or something any random person could do.

It is not impossible, by ways of scripting we abuse the fact that your body comes with your clothes and literally "equip" your body on you, but as you can imagine this causes issues with existing items, any existing items, as they again incorporate the default human body on you while worn.

Again there are ways in existance to work around this, but again those come with limitations and drawbacks. You won't want to be unable to equip a quest-relevant item, substantially breaking the quest, now would you? Neither would you want to have all other races wear the same "shark in pants" outfit you do just because they happened to equip their pants at the same time as you did.

And let's best not even start with altering the overall anatomy! Again it can be done, NPCs get their skeletons assigned on a per-actor basis, for the PC there are scripted skeleton-swaps currently being developed, but again there are limitations. The skeleton swap functionality for the PC is not yet working in all aspects, 1st person skeleton can't be swapped as of now, and the two mismatching will just screw you up big time once you change your view. You also need to have a complete set of animations (roundabout 100 I heard someone saying last time) which will work with your custom skeleton, as most animations I know include scale and location data where it's absolutely unneccessary, forcing any custom skeleton back into human proportions again while playing. And the last point I'm having a fun time with is whatever I create this way will be totally incompatible with animation replacers and other mods involving custom animations and the like. It will not conflict, no, it will just not use the replacement/custom animations.

So, there's a lot of possibilities, and you can even break all those limitations I listed as of today... but it is a hell of a lot of work and takes ages to complete, the more custom (as in not human) you want your race to be in appearance.

Don't be surprised there's no such things in existance, yet, and nobody's jumping up right away and shouting "I'll do it!". It's just not remotely as simple as it sounds in these requests, and I know only a handful of modders who are working at such things. What I don't know is how much this number might have dropped already with Skyrim being released now.

I'm going the long route, 100% custom, as far as I can get with it, myself... but even if I "was" still making progress as regularly as I was used to some time ago and was not limited to only 1 day per month in total, I still won't expect to get anyway near completion with my planned features in less than a couple years at best. ...but that's only me. There's a multitude of modders out there who can do way better than me, I'm convinced. I'm just doing my way and having fun.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

You need to keep in mind the simple game engine limitation fact that there's "1" single body for "all" races. They all share the same by design and it can't be changed by a simple setting or something any random person could do.

It is not impossible, by ways of scripting we abuse the fact that your body comes with your clothes and literally "equip" your body on you, but as you can imagine this causes issues with existing items, any existing items, as they again incorporate the default human body on you while worn.

Again there are ways in existance to work around this, but again those come with limitations and drawbacks. You won't want to be unable to equip a quest-relevant item, substantially breaking the quest, now would you? Neither would you want to have all other races wear the same "shark in pants" outfit you do just because they happened to equip their pants at the same time as you did.

And let's best not even start with altering the overall anatomy! Again it can be done, NPCs get their skeletons assigned on a per-actor basis, for the PC there are scripted skeleton-swaps currently being developed, but again there are limitations. The skeleton swap functionality for the PC is not yet working in all aspects, 1st person skeleton can't be swapped as of now, and the two mismatching will just screw you up big time once you change your view. You also need to have a complete set of animations (roundabout 100 I heard someone saying last time) which will work with your custom skeleton, as most animations I know include scale and location data where it's absolutely unneccessary, forcing any custom skeleton back into human proportions again while playing. And the last point I'm having a fun time with is whatever I create this way will be totally incompatible with animation replacers and other mods involving custom animations and the like. It will not conflict, no, it will just not use the replacement/custom animations.

So, there's a lot of possibilities, and you can even break all those limitations I listed as of today... but it is a hell of a lot of work and takes ages to complete, the more custom (as in not human) you want your race to be in appearance.

Don't be surprised there's no such things in existance, yet, and nobody's jumping up right away and shouting "I'll do it!". It's just not remotely as simple as it sounds in these requests, and I know only a handful of modders who are working at such things. What I don't know is how much this number might have dropped already with Skyrim being released now.

I'm going the long route, 100% custom, as far as I can get with it, myself... but even if I "was" still making progress as regularly as I was used to some time ago and was not limited to only 1 day per month in total, I still won't expect to get anyway near completion with my planned features in less than a couple years at best. ...but that's only me. There's a multitude of modders out there who can do way better than me, I'm convinced. I'm just doing my way and having fun.

Okay thanks

and i hope Other people can make make more Beastial races

um are you up for to make the orca mod Drake? if you want to do it

I'm sorry, as much as I'd love to help, and an Anthro-Orca isn't any less intriguing to try out than the other ideas I helped others with already, as my last paragraph told, I'm currently down to at most "1 day per month" when I actually get some free time to do any modding, and this very limited free time I then use for my own ideas rather than requests or work for others.

I just don't get any free time at all between my work, and all my own projects are "on hold" already. Taking up any further projects right now would just equal making promises I can't keep, and this is not going to happen. I'm sorry.

If my scripting approach would be working as intended already, it'd only be a matter of meshes and textures, which we have some very talented modders for around here already. Unfortunately this work was not yet finished either and I've got almost no time at all to go on.

It is a real pain, as I got so many new ideas to add to it and improve it by, just really no time at all to do this.

um are you up for to make the orca mod Drake? if you want to do it

I'm sorry, as much as I'd love to help, and an Anthro-Orca isn't any less intriguing to try out than the other ideas I helped others with already, as my last paragraph told, I'm currently down to at most "1 day per month" when I actually get some free time to do any modding, and this very limited free time I then use for my own ideas rather than requests or work for others.

I just don't get any free time at all between my work, and all my own projects are "on hold" already. Taking up any further projects right now would just equal making promises I can't keep, and this is not going to happen. I'm sorry.

If my scripting approach would be working as intended already, it'd only be a matter of meshes and textures, which we have some very talented modders for around here already. Unfortunately this work was not yet finished either and I've got almost no time at all to go on.

It is a real pain, as I got so many new ideas to add to it and improve it by, just really no time at all to do this.

okay Thanks anyway

It's a little sad you haven't any time to do it but I'm bit sad.

And i have a small problems withe wings on the Drake race mod my friend

i really hope really Someones takes the challenge And try to make it Drake

"Problems with the wings" sounds like a skeleton.nif issue, as in it is not the right one or the game uses a different one and now bones are missing, the wings don't know what to stick to and stretch into infinity.

I'm sorry for the off-topic spam, but I haven't seen you ask for help in my comments, yet, so I'm answering here.

If it's what I assume, I suggest using "Growlf's Universal Skeleton", as it contains my bones now and a multitude of other mod's bones as well. It is actually far more compatible than the "Maximum Compatibility Skeleton" (another mod for the same purpose), the bones from which are also included. I'm linking to its download page right on top of my description by the way.

If you're on Steam, I additionally suggest properly taking care of Archive Invalidation by use of the BSA Redirection approach (a one-time-only solution which eliminates the need for Archive Invalidation entirely once and for all), as nothing else seems to work with Steam and Steam Oblivion requires Archive Invalidation even for meshes and animations, it seems. Also worth mentioning is the issue with the file dates of the BSA files being far to recent for any replacements ever to be used over the game's defaults. Redating these (just click on "Reset BSA timestamps" from OBMM's Archive Invalidation Utilities once) and properly using BSA Redirection though is known to solve these issues of Steam users.

Again sorry for going off-topic, but I can't let issues with my mods remain unanswered, if I read of them.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

"Problems with the wings" sounds like a skeleton.nif issue, as in it is not the right one or the game uses a different one and now bones are missing, the wings don't know what to stick to and stretch into infinity.

I'm sorry for the off-topic spam, but I haven't seen you ask for help in my comments, yet, so I'm answering here.

If it's what I assume, I suggest using "Growlf's Universal Skeleton", as it contains my bones now and a multitude of other mod's bones as well. It is actually far more compatible than the "Maximum Compatibility Skeleton" (another mod for the same purpose), the bones from which are also included. I'm linking to its download page right on top of my description by the way.

If you're on Steam, I additionally suggest properly taking care of Archive Invalidation by use of the BSA Redirection approach (a one-time-only solution which eliminates the need for Archive Invalidation entirely once and for all), as nothing else seems to work with Steam and Steam Oblivion requires Archive Invalidation even for meshes and animations, it seems. Also worth mentioning is the issue with the file dates of the BSA files being far to recent for any replacements ever to be used over the game's defaults. Redating these (just click on "Reset BSA timestamps" from OBMM's Archive Invalidation Utilities once) and properly using BSA Redirection though is known to solve these issues of Steam users.

Again sorry for going off-topic, but I can't let issues with my mods remain unanswered, if I read of them.

okay yeah thankies for the information my friend it is a good help you know

Long Live the Anthropomorphic race YAY