EXP Tokens

Huglarh

So, This script will work.

Anyone can pick up the token and keep it until they decide to drop it or store it away, And recieve the benefit properly when they keep it in their inventory, then lose the benefit properly when they drop or remove it?

Before saying "This work" you have to test it.

If still there's something wrong, add some debug messages: (EXAMPLES) "First token added. Bonus added", "Another token added", "Last token removed. Bonus removed"

Will do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well It is a Success people.

Upon obtaining the Token and killing a Foe, i am greeted immediately with a heads up that my blade skill rose. Upon dropping it and killing a foe, i was naturally gaining exp, in a sense. Upon obtaining it, my EXP bar would jump to full and fill for the next level. Upon dropping i lose the benefit as predicted, but im getting huge chunks of exp but im not sure if thats normal.

Oddities and downsides: Besides dropping it returns your natural exp gaining, you gain a bit more in chunks, Other include it changes color each drop. third is a strange one. When you drop it, it will hover in mid air, upon closer observation i think its barely turning and/or dropping, making it terribly hard to notice.

This test was run with a Character already made. I will now run a test with a brand new character and move the Token to the Jail cell and see how it runs on a new character.

Also on request, Can there be a addition in the script, They when its picked up it will let you know with a custom message? So it may broadcast "... The skill of the warrior embraces your hands..."

Oddities and downsides: Besides dropping it returns your natural exp gaining, you gain a bit more in chunks, Other include it changes color each drop. third is a strange one. When you drop it, it will hover in mid air, upon closer observation i think its barely turning and/or dropping, making it terribly hard to notice.

Also on request, Can there be a addition in the script, They when its picked up it will let you know with a custom message? So it may broadcast "... The skill of the warrior embraces your hands..."

I don't understand what you mean when you say you gain a bit more in chunks.

Changing color each drop is probably a texture problem. Hovering in mid-air is probably a mesh and/or collision problem.

Just add this to the OnAdd block:

Message "... The skill of the warrior embraces your hands..."

@forli

Are you sure that counters don't work well if more than 1 item is added at once? Well, I guess it's OK as long as GetItemCount works the way you say it does. You should still make defaultEXP a global variable or store it in a quest script though.

Otherwise, if the last token to be removed wasn't the one that set the skill use exp, then defaultEXP would be 0.

Using variables, the bonus is linked to a specific token. Removing that token, it will remove the bonus, no matter if there is another token in the inventory. Since "RemoveItem" and "RemoveMe" remove a random item with that FormID, this problem is very likely to happen.

By using "GetItemCount", instead, the bonus is not linked:

If RemoveItem remove the token who gave the bonus, but you have another one, there's no problem, because only the last token left can remove the bonus.

No matter what happens, "GetItemCount", unlike a variable-counter, can't return a wrong value of the number of remaining tokens.

The only problem, is understand what result we can expect from GetItemCount when used in OnAdd and OnDrop block.

I didn't remember if the item you are adding has been added in the result, nor the item you're removing has just been detracted from the result.

When we find the correct value, the script will work properly

Looks like we find it!http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

@Huglarh

ONLY READ IF THE CODE IS STILL GIVING PROBLEM

I've an idea to solve it: add this message just before the first condition:

Short   nTokens
Set  nTokens  to  (Player.GetItemCount SwordTokens)
MessageBox  "Tokens: %.0f"  nToken

This will give you a message of the result of GetItemCount.

So we can definitively solve this problem.

IT WORKED!!http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif

EDIT

I forgot to say: you right about defaultEXP

Edited by forli

I don't understand what you mean when you say you gain a bit more in chunks.

Changing color each drop is probably a texture problem. Hovering in mid-air is probably a mesh and/or collision problem.

Just add this to the OnAdd block:

Message "... The skill of the warrior embraces your hands..."

Thanks.

Well, without, you know how when you strike with a sword, you gain slightly noticeable amounts of exp or barely? Its making leaps of way more then i think i should be naturally earning.

Yeah, we need to get someone on that ^_^; xD

Thanks this'll vork.

Alright. Upon Analysis WITH the token, i managed to naturally work up to lv.12 in blade before class selection, and with class selection i chose a custom with Blade included, it came to 31.

Now without the token... It came naturally to 9 and strangely to 31.

So far it does give you a bit more exp then last. This is good.

Edited by Huglarh

I will be getting to work on getting the various tokens made. We just need someone to make the various textures for each skill and attribute, and The a icon.

Thank you all for your work :)

EDIT: Side note, just for personal use, What is the maximum amount of encumbrance can you achieve so you can carry anything above over 6000 tons before being encumbered? And how do i achieve it? I make 3 special things i wear have 9000 in feather enchantment but i only end up in 2555 to 5917 of max total weight.

Alright, The tokens are made, now for their respective scripts.

Edited by Huglarh

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN~!

New for release~

EXP Tokens is finished is up for Beta testing~

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39551

Contributing your help is nessecary.

One word of advice, the Tokens are provided in a chest, for you to take and test outside once your have your character fixed out. The warning will be provided upon arriving to the the page.

Edit: also, Be sure to comment if your taking part. so i know if your using it, and i can keep track of whos testing it.

Edited by Huglarh