Looking for HGEC "Clothing" to go with Unarmored mod

toastysquirrel

I've got the HGEC body replacer along with the HGEC stock armor and clothing replacer. The problem I'm running into is my character uses the Unarmored mod (which is great), but that skill only works/improves when the character has no armor for the Torso/chest. Clothing or nude is fine. The challenge I'm running into is it seems all of the really excellently constructed custom HGEC "clothing" has been created as "light armor".

Does anyone have any personally favorites out there that are classified as "clothing"? Sexy is good, or anything that just looks awesome. "Slutty", not so much so. :)

I've got the HGEC body replacer along with the HGEC stock armor and clothing replacer. The problem I'm running into is my character uses the Unarmored mod (which is great), but that skill only works/improves when the character has no armor for the Torso/chest. Clothing or nude is fine. The challenge I'm running into is it seems all of the really excellently constructed custom HGEC "clothing" has been created as "light armor".

Does anyone have any personally favorites out there that are classified as "clothing"? Sexy is good, or anything that just looks awesome. "Slutty", not so much so. :)

It's not too difficult to open the plugin for any armor you like in TES4Edit and change it into clothing.

1)Backup the original plugin

2)Get permission from the author to alter the file for personal use if necessary (most plugins have a permissions section at the bottom of their readme stating the author's general permissions)

3)Open the plugin you'd like to alter and Oblivion.esm in TES4Edit

4)Right click on the name of the plugin you're changing and select "Add>CLOT 'Clothing'"

5)Right click on the "Clothing" section you just added and select "Add>CLOT 'Clothing'" (seems redundant, but it's not)

6)Set an Editor ID (The one it pops up with is usually fine)

7)C&P all the applicable info from the armor into the clothing record

8)Remove the Armor record

9)Exit TES4Edit upon which it will ask you if you'd like to save

10)Activate and test your new clothes (don't save your character unless you're absolutely sure that the plugin hasn't caused any problems.)

Note: You may want to make a character specifically for testing purposes or clone your oblivion installation for extra security against introducing glitches into your game. Also, you may have to alter any records which dictate how you acquire the given item to reflect the new IDs of the clothing record you made.

Edit: Missed a step or two.

Edited by MShoap13

If you don't like going into the toolset, I may have an easier solution for you:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39474

I've seen a couple of similar requests lately, so I decided to break my modified Panzer Kleidung mod out of my personal armory mod so I could share it. Hope it's of use to you.

Thanks guys!

@ MShoap13 - I'll hang onto this little bit just in case. Thanks for laying out a very thorough explanation, perfect!

@ evenstargw - that mod sounds totally useful, thanks! I'll give it a try because it sounds like it will achieve, in-game, exactly what I want. If not, to the toolset armed with MShoap13's instructions! PS... where'd you get that face and hair for the character in those screencaps? She's awesome!

Edited by toastysquirrel

She's a personal modification of Bella's Vampire reloaded. The eyes are Cernasite Dragon eyes, the hair came from some asian site, where I got lucky and clicked the link that apparently said download. It's called KKK008. Also has a tattood body I made but I don't think that shows much in that armor :P.

If you have the time and willingness to learn modding this game, you should give it a try. Usually, if there's something you want, chances are someone else has made something that's almost what you want. Then it's just a matter of fixing it.

It's not too difficult to open the plugin for any armor you like in TES4Edit and change it into clothing.

1)...........(10)

Note: You may want to make a character specifically for testing purposes or clone your oblivion installation for extra security against introducing glitches into your game. Also, you may have to alter any records which dictate how you acquire the given item to reflect the new IDs of the clothing record you made.

Okay, I tried it out and mostly works great! I had to figure out how to add it into the world where the clothing version I "created" replaced the armor version. So that works great if I pick up the item brand new. So my next question however would be...:

How do I change the stats for "armor" already in my inventory?

Alternatively I tried manually adding the item into my character's inventory via "Player.AddItem <ID> #" but that didn't work. Maybe my syntax is wrong. For the "ID" I used the "form ID" assigned to the new item in TES4Edit (2.5.3). But it returned an error along the lines that the item doesn't exist. In this case the item's form ID is 01000EDC. So I typed

player.additem 01000edc 1

I also tried "edc" "000edc" and "1000edc". All to no avail.

Edited by toastysquirrel

1)...........(10)

Okay, I tried it out and mostly works great! I had to figure out how to add it into the world where the clothing version I "created" replaced the armor version. So that works great if I pick up the item brand new. So my next question however would be...:

How do I change the stats for "armor" already in my inventory?

Alternatively I tried manually adding the item into my character's inventory via "Player.AddItem <ID> #" but that didn't work. Maybe my syntax is wrong. For the "ID" I used the "form ID" assigned to the new item in TES4Edit (2.5.3). But it returned an error along the lines that the item doesn't exist. In this case the item's form ID is 01000EDC. So I typed

player.additem 01000edc 1

I also tried "edc" "000edc" and "1000edc". All to no avail.

The console can't see items added by mods. The easiest way to add new spells and items to your character was discussed here: How to add a spell. and here: What to change in the script discussed in the first topic to make it add items instead. When scripting an item in, you'd use the "FormID", not the numbers.

Alternatively, you could add items to the container record corresponding to a shop owner anywhere in Cyrodil. ex.: Copying the record "RindirsStavesContainer" as an override into your plugin, and adding a refference to your item in the list of items for that container, would make the item purchasable (You'd set the price in the item's record however).

Edited by MShoap13

Alternatively, you could add items to the container record corresponding to a shop owner anywhere in Cyrodil. ex.: Copying the record "RindirsStavesContainer" as an override into your plugin, and adding a refference to your item in the list of items for that container, would make the item purchasable (You'd set the price in the item's record however).

I think this is the option I like most so far. I don't mind making a trip to a given shopowner to pick up my character's new duds. How does one do this though? This is probably the most I've gotten into scripting thus far. I assume I might actually have to break out the Construction set since the vendor info isn't part of the particular mod?

If you don't like going into the toolset, I may have an easier solution for you:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39474

I've seen a couple of similar requests lately, so I decided to break my modified Panzer Kleidung mod out of my personal armory mod so I could share it. Hope it's of use to you.

Unfortunately I kept running into a problem where the item for the "model" and the "stats" weren't the same equip-able slot. Which didn't make any sense since their item *looked* like an upper body piece but wouldn't merge at all with a regular linen shirt or a robe. And their leggings may have *looked* like they were for legs but they wouldn't merge with regular pants. Very strange. But if I hadn't hit that snag I'd be using your mod all day long! ;)

Edited by toastysquirrel