Looking for HGEC "Clothing" to go with Unarmored mod

toastysquirrel

To add an item to a store, a simple, compatible way is to make a new container record, put your item in there, shove it under the floor of your favorite shop and double-click it. Go to ownership and set the shopkeeper as the owner, and he should sell the items, provided they sell that type of item (armor at smithy, clothing at general stores). And yeah, i think that requires the toolset.

As for the items that won't merge, they probably use exotic slot configurations. I've encountered the same problem myself, which is why I have a full set of premade armor molds in all sorts of slot configurations, using glass, daedric or clothing stats. I'm planning to add a similar package to my mod soon.

My method for adding an item to a store is slightly different.

1) Open your mod and Oblivion.esm in TES4Edit.

2) Browse the containers section of Oblivion.esm and find the container for the merchant you desire to add it to.

3) Copy that container as an override into your plugin.

4) Click on the new copied record in your plugin.

5) Look in the large pane on the right and scroll down until you find the items.

6) Right-click on the first line of the items section and choose "add item".

7) Set the Reference ID to be the Editor ID of your item (the numbers).

Instead of adding a new container and messing with ownership etc. you're just modifying the merchants existing container to hold your item as well.

I know there's a way to add your items to leveled lists so shop owners can carry them once you've reached the appropriate level, but I've yet to look into exactly how that's done.

Thanks for the tips guys. It sounds like MShoap's is a little cleaner so I've been trying to figure that out. For instance I wanted to add the items into Maro Rufus' inventory. Unfortunately I haven't found a "container" that's related to the guy. I found his entry in the "Cell" section and the "NPC" section. But as for in the "container" section, all I found that sounds vaguely related might be......

00CA18B - VendorTheBestDefense

. But the only "item" in that list is the "UniqueAkavariCuirassApocalypse".

Is that what I'm after?

Otherwise I looked through the entry for MaroRufusRef under the Cell category and there's a mention of his own container "BestDefenseMaroChest". But when looking up all the information in the right-hand pane, I don't see any mention of "Items". So basically I can't continue to step #3.

If you have the time, I'd really like to know what I'm missing. :)

Thanks in advance for anything!

I looked over Oblivion.esm and It appears Maro doesn't have a container of his own as he only sells things off of a leveled list. In this case you would have to add a chest to the game and set ownership to him in order to get items on him. :whistling:

As far as I know, if you add something straight into a merchant's container, you'll break any mod that does the same and loads before it. That's why I suggested loading up the CS and doing it the old fashioned way :)