Anyone ever try to disable time freezes when talking to someone?

zerther

Kuertee's Auto-save and time doesn't freeze time but it does add to the game time once you exit the conversation dialog. and others.

You can reduce the zoom by editing oblivion.ini but back it up first. From the Personality Idles - Modified version readme (which is where I learnt it from:

In the Oblivion.ini file (probably in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion) find the [interface] section and look for the line:

fDlgFocus=2.1000 and just change that to fDlgFocus=6.0000

Which will stop the camera zooming in so close when you enter dialogue."

I made a mod that brings the persuasion minigame into the real world (as well as overhauling it a bit). The most advanced version of this functionality can be seen in my Skooma Deals V2 mod. I'm currently working on a modders resource that will allow scripters to easily 'plug-in' their mods to the HUD interface of mine, so that interaction with NPCs, or any object in the game world, can be done in live play, rather than in a time-frozen menu mode.

However as for standard coversations, my Keynesian bretheren, Mark, is correct. Even if there was a way to make a mod such as mine use the dialogue in live play; the game would still be broken, as many scripts are set to run only during menumode, so would never be effected.

I'm currently working on a modders resource that will allow scripters to easily 'plug-in' their mods to the HUD interface of mine, so that interaction with NPCs, or any object in the game world, can be done in live play, rather than in a time-frozen menu mode.

Why don't you use Kyoma's MenuQue?

You can add every kind of UI element in the HUD, easily and with few line of code!

Edited by forli

Isn't this function hard-coded?

Yes, Oblivion's menus freeze the time and there's no way to unfreeze it, but PrettyMurky is trying to create a separated system to handle dialogues, avoiding the Oblivion menus.

• 3 years later...