Something besides Deadly Reflex

blacksmithkazuma

OK I have been messing around for about a week know with DR6.. I like it because I use the All Natural and Immersive Interiors and I have my brightness turned down to give a bit of realism to caves, dungeons and sorts. It allows you to throw you torches if you have the DropLitTorch mod. I finally gave up today and looked at DR5, it looks like it doesnt have the throw feature. So is there anything else out there that would allow you to through any weapons or even just your torch?

Part of the problem is that a normal torch is not a weapon, so you can't throw it using a "throw weapon" mod. There are several different droppable torch mods, so have a dig as I vaguely remember one of them allowing you to target where the torch lands.

I'm pretty sure UV let's you throw any object as long as you set it up in game as throwable although I can't say I've tried it. Weapons are special in that your equipped weapon is thrown by hitting the throw key without any special setting up.

edit. From the readme:

- Throw any object including those added by other mods:

- Weapons, ammo, armour, clothing, soulgems, books, scrolls and a vast array of misc objects are all throwable. Basically if you can pick it up you can throw it.

--- To throw any other object in your inventory (it must first be prepared for throwing - see below) Press and hold your throw button then release it.

--- To prepare an object for throwing it must either be the last object you picked up (if the relevant INI setting is enabled you may have to hold the UV modifier when picking the object up), or you must assign it to a UV hotkey (see below for instructions how to assign objects to UV hotkeys). Once assigned (in game mode) simply Hold the UV modifier and tap the relevant hotkey to prepare the object (you'll see a message in the top corner telling you that the object is ready to throw).

Admittedly, no mention of torches specifically.

Edited by wetblanket