It won't load.

Sheddler

My computer during weekdays is a Dell Dimension 3000. It requires a PCI graphics card. My computer during the weekends is a vostro 220. I don't know what kind of slot it has.

I would also like to note that I have Fallout 3 on Steam.

Edited by Sheddler

What is your OS? XP or Vista or Win7?

If XP, then upgrading to Service Pack 3 solves most of the XP/Fallout problems.

Which version of the game do you have, Basic or GOTY with all the DLCs? If the latter, there is a glitch in the Mothership Zeta part that crashes the game upon startup due to something with GFWL ( games for windows live ) There is a patch to download that fixes this very easily. I had to use it myself.

What is your OS? XP or Vista or Win7?

If XP, then upgrading to Service Pack 3 solves most of the XP/Fallout problems.

Which version of the game do you have, Basic or GOTY with all the DLCs? If the latter, there is a glitch in the Mothership Zeta part that crashes the game upon startup due to something with GFWL ( games for windows live ) There is a patch to download that fixes this very easily. I had to use it myself.

I have XP Service pack 3 already. I bought GOTY. Where might I find that patch?

Installing a video card is like legos. Expensive legos. But installing an expansion card is pretty much self explanatory. Open up the computer, look inside. It'll be the "top" expansion slot. Is the connector long and brown or high tech looking and white? The Former is AGP, the later is PCI-E

GOTY is already patched up to 1.7 so don't worry about that. You might need to look around for the replacement d3d9.dll file if you have a very new computer but since you're using XP SP3 I don't think you'll need to bother.

Do be sure to get Fallout Stutter Remover and Game Companion, both on the Nexus. They're basically required mods that will never let you down.

Edited by Jeoshua