A New Land Called Ken'Vigard

Awevalan

I am beginning work on a mod that will include a large new worldspace called Ken'Vigard and I may need help with various elements. Right now I am in the landscaping phase and haven't begun to make the actual landforms yet. The final mod will include fully fleshed out and hopefully open-ended questlines for the various new factions including: Samurai, Knights, Ninja, Mystics, Historians (maybe, if I can figure out how to allow the player to write a book ingame that is at least saved in that player file), Hunters, Gladiators and more.

EDIT: I am currently working on a smaller island chain known collectively as Negya which sits in the Southwest corner of Ken'Vigard. The idea is that it is the home of an empire like that of Japan. This means that it will have Samurai, Ninja, and more. The seven islands will likely have 200-500 NPCs or more as needed. The landmass of the islands is about the size of the entire bottom fin section of Cyrodiil. I would like to have unique armor, weapons, and buildings all Japanese themed. I can probably make the katana models with practice but the texturing would take some assistance. Of the 200-500 NPCs there will be beggars or older people who will have dedicated dialogue (meaning when you ask a beggar about rumors they won't revert to the default male or female voice for their race) and 10-25% of these NPCs will likely be unique.

Please message me with ideas or offers of assistance in planning, development, execution of this mod.

Edited by Jeridyn

Cool thanks for that. Looks interesting. That could be useful for developer's notes but so far I have just been using MS Word or actual ingame books.

Okay my computer corrupted and wiped out the whole Ken'Vigard mod so I have to start from scratch. I would like to have someone with a more reliable computer (and boatloads of patience) to lay out the base landscape (mud03-underwater) across all of Ken'Vigard. I will be laying out the entire worldspace or at least the island chain of Negya. If anyone knows a much better alternative to the tedium of landscaping I am all ears because my computer is prone to crashing TES CS for unexplained reasons.

You should try out CS Extender it stops a lot of crashes and improves CS in various ways.

Yeah I think I finally have OBSE and CSE working now. Took me a bit to get it right. Thanks for the tip!

There is still a problem that keeps crashing TES CS despite the CSE. When I try to landscape my worldspace it sometimes will still crash out of nowhere. It doesn't have any regular time that it happens. At first it seemed that it would crash CS after a 30 cell stint but now it seems like CS does something as a part of normal runtime that hoses it when I am actively landscaping (meaning I am painting with the mouse button depressed which sometimes can kill a program that is thinking on the borderline of not responding like CS often does).

At this rate I will only be done with this mod with loads of help and/or luck or I will can it and hope that the Creation Editor for Skyrim is much better as I plan to create Ken'Vigard for Skyrim with the Oblivion version as kind of a proof of concept or beginning phase version.

I have this problem too. I think that it's because I don't have a lot of RAM (2 core 2gb) Maybe the laptop can't bear making too big changes. This is why I save multiple times before generating anything in region editor.

Maybe this could be a problem. I can't think about anything else right now.

You should never have only have only one copy of your active modding project. Accidents like this happen frequently. Don't think that this will be the only time it will ever happen to you. Someday you will lose another big chunk of data when you least expect it. That is why you always keep backups. Some of your backups need to be on storage media and not on the computer itself. In fact, they should not be stored by the computer, but stored somewhere else.

Okay I am pretty sure I have been making a newbie mistake each and every time I try to make a new worldspace mod. Ken'Vigard was originally 380 cells high by 200 cells wide. When I looked at some of the other mods on TES Nexus I saw the average size to be far less than even half that. And I looked at Shivering Isles and Tamriel worldspaces for reference.

So my question is this:

What IS the average size of worldspaces that people create and how effectively is the space used?