Two-tone body texture issue

SoggyWaffle

Recently the color of my characters skin began to look strange, there is a seam that runs down the back and one side is noticeably darker than the other. The facial tones are also off. It is not limited to one race and it can be clearly seen on all npcs.

Thank you in advance.

That sounds like you have accidentally applied a texture mod without the correct body mod installed, or vice versa. Have you recently installed any race or cosmetic mods or large mod packs which may include custom bodies?

Recently the color of my characters skin began to look strange, there is a seam that runs down the back and one side is noticeably darker than the other. The facial tones are also off. It is not limited to one race and it can be clearly seen on all npcs.

Thank you in advance.

What mods are you using which affects races/bodies?

That sounds like you have accidentally applied a texture mod without the correct body mod installed, or vice versa. Have you recently installed any race or cosmetic mods or large mod packs which may include custom bodies?

It's nothing like that, it's the same textures I've used for quite awhile. I'm using hgec and compatible textures. But it can't be that because it is across all races, no matter what the texture is. I just found someone with the same problem here. They give a bit more detail about it.

Alright, I think I fixed it. I loaded from a previous save before I had tweaked my characters face and caused this to occur. Fortunately I hadn't really done much since that. Thank you for help help though.

EDIT: I am wrong, it's still there.

Edited by SoggyWaffle

Can you give us a list of all the mods installed? It's been a while since I've played oblivion but I will try to get some sense of it. Maybe some more active players can help you then too. Edited by amycus

I just reinstalled and have just hgec installed and I still have the issue.

Read this page.

Install either this or the seam reducer.