How the hell do you control a horse on pc

aaron9258

I watch the smooth riding Youtube Oblivion LPs. I got to try that! Get the horse, drive into a tree. I figure that once I'm on the horse, it would be connected to the mouse movement... not! From Anvil to Cyrodiil I drove into five trees, two fences, nine boulders, side-swiped the police, head-on collision with another rider, ran over a pedestrian and drove over a cliff twice. Almost as bad as driving home from work everyday.

I'm going to assume you figured out that the "A' and "D" keys turn the horse. This is something we all had to go through, just imagine it as actually learning to ride a horse, except the horse isn't smart enough to not ride off a cliff/ into a boulder/ another horse/ random horse eating troll.

And kudos for your excellent tale.

Edited by rhs88

I watch the smooth riding Youtube Oblivion LPs. I got to try that! Get the horse, drive into a tree. I figure that once I'm on the horse, it would be connected to the mouse movement... not! From Anvil to Cyrodiil I drove into five trees, two fences, nine boulders, side-swiped the police, head-on collision with another rider, ran over a pedestrian and drove over a cliff twice. Almost as bad as driving home from work everyday.

You don't live in Lisbon (Portugal) by any chance?

Was there recently -- posted speed limits appear to suggest a minimum, rather than mandate a maximum, speed. :tongue:

Edited by roquefort

The western side of North America and beyond and I travel at the speed of a 'galloping horse' over three miles. I can see why players prefer to run or fast travel. Keyboard control swings the in one direction then the other so you are smashing into everything. Are vanilla horses programed to always run or can I get them to walk? I acquired Zira's Clydesdale Horses "There is a new stable opposite a Wawnet Inn. You find four clydesdale horses here. The horses: not wander, essential, their speed is equal to the speed of the Black horse. The horses are useful freely, it is not necessary to buy them." They are very handsome looking horses and they start off walking, unless they are connected to a walking player.

If you hold down the "shift" key you should be able to walk. You could also hit "caps lock" to toggle running on and off.

You could also try this mod. It allows mouse control for riding horses. I haven't tried it myself, though.

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9460

I will try this.

Update: This mod works but you must increase mouse sensitivity to max to reduce lag. I tried to slow the horse speed in CS to no avail.

Edited by aaron9258

I found a way around the control problem. I decided to 'CS' Zira's Clydesdale Horses. I increased the walking speed to 90 as a result I have a giant horse that 'draughts.' Combine with 'Steer horses with the mouse' (maximun setting = less lag). I vastly increased their health and power making them a formidable stomper that will actually survive a one way trip.